No Change then at Gifford Park????

bigcol

Featured Posts

Met some folks who was telling me about a situation where a CRT volunteer at Gifford Park was caught staring through their windows.

He was trying to find a displayed license,(boat is licensed) when they asked to see some id, he got all indignent and shoved a card under her nose and whipped it away again.standing her ground she asked if she could see it as look at it, he shouted it had nothing to do with her.continueing to say it's his job to check licenses, and keep a look out for us live board boaters that overstay.

Telling me all this the lady's husband came out, who wished that he was their at the time, he was upset with it all,

He then was telling me another day, Whilst he was there CRT turned up

It seems as though our resident gardener their is still doing his own gardening!!!

Went to be nosey, as CRT turned up while the guy was digging and turning over the grass re mooring,

the towpath.

He over heard CRT was telling this guy that his been warned, and he's no right to be digging.he heard this Gardener saying he don't want boats mooring their!!! The 2 guys from CRT told him that he's damaging the towpath.

He stopped and CRT went away.

Later in the day he finished his digging!!!

This is from boaters who just come through Milton Keynes.

It seems that it's only boaters that CRT are successfull in getting boats convisgated, letters re overstaying

Charges for staying extra nights, revolving 12 month licenses etc etc

Oh well nothing changes

Oh dear. We'll be passing there this coming week. It didn't look like the guy in the house was still digging when we went past in June. I even got you a photo of the grass growing back. We'll keep an eye out for this overzealous licence checker as well. I'd better not catch him upsetting my wife!

Cheers, Ross

Bigcol, is it possible the 'license checker' is the gardener?

Richard

Hi Richard

Defiantley 2 different Peaple

Lol the license checker is tall about 50/60 year old, keen and takes his job very seriously

The gardener about 70 ish shortish, and lives in front of his towpath

I imagine 2 very nice pleasant Peaple to know, as long as you don't own a boat, and like to moor on the tow path out side one man and his wife's house.

Considering his age, it's surely not worth getting stressed out

But if he's done it for years, you can imagine what it be like to let boaters moor outside his property.

I certainly don't or would want to upset him, his a old age pensioner trying to protect his land

Col

Edited by bigcol

Oh dear. We'll be passing there this coming week. It didn't look like the guy in the house was still digging when we went past in June. I even got you a photo of the grass growing back. We'll keep an eye out for this overzealous licence checker as well. I'd better not catch him upsetting my wife!

Cheers, Ross

Hi ya Ross

Nice to see you again, and glad you and Kate had a nice holiday.

So on your way back, moor up on his land. Report back, maybe CRT visiting yet again he's finally given up the fight at long last.

Go on then did you have a Meal out in Simpson???

All the Best sweetheart

Col and sharon

In the last conversation I had with CRT about this, there was no use of volunteers at GIffard Park as mooring rangers.

I don't think volunteers are used at all for "licence checking" are they, (anywhere)?

So if there is someone pretending to be engaged by CRT as doing either of these things at Giffard Park, then I think people need to be talking to CRT about it.

Some "imposter volunteers" have anecdotally been quite unpleasant to some boaters, so we should try hard to get them stopped if it is happening here.

In the last conversation I had with CRT about this, there was no use of volunteers at GIffard Park as mooring rangers.

I don't think volunteers are used at all for "licence checking" are they, (anywhere)?

So if there is someone pretending to be engaged by CRT as doing either of these things at Giffard Park, then I think people need to be talking to CRT about it.

Some "imposter volunteers" have anecdotally been quite unpleasant to some boaters, so we should try hard to get them stopped if it is happening here.

Not my home area but came that way a few weeks back, is Gifford Park the council moorings on the offside ?

Met some folks who was telling me about a situation where a CRT volunteer at Gifford Park was caught staring through their windows.

He was trying to find a displayed license,(boat is licensed) when they asked to see some id, he got all indignent and shoved a card under her nose and whipped it away again.standing her ground she asked if she could see it as look at it, he shouted it had nothing to do with her.continueing to say it's his job to check licenses, and keep a look out for us live board boaters that overstay.

This sounds like the behaviour of someone with a forged ID document.

Ifr anyone else gets this bloke to show them this ID, see if you can get a photo of the card. It is a criminal offence to both forge a false document and to "utter a forged document" (i.e. produce it to someone).

Wasn't the towpath warrior's son mixed up in this at some point? Maybe he's the 'volunteer'?

I don't know what the guy's thinking. He's not trying to protect his land, he's trying to damage ours (the public's), and if CRT do ever decide it's worth pressing charges I don't see how he's going to have a leg to stand on.

I don't know what the guy's thinking.

I don't think that his thinking goes much beyond if he digs up the grass and makes the soil loose it is very hard for someone to moor outside his property.........

CRT should take action against him if he is still doing it, but I rather doubt they will give it high priority to do so.

I don't think that his thinking goes much beyond if he digs up the grass and makes the soil loose it is very hard for someone to moor outside his property.........

Well, yes, it's pretty obvious really what he's thinking; it's just hard to believe he can be so happy to vandalise public property, and so unconcerned about the potential consequences for him. It's easy enough for us to think "huh - bet CRT don't take any action", but would you feel confident of that if you were the one ignoring warnings and repeatedly damaging their property in broad daylight in view of multiple witnesses?

CRT should take action against him if he is still doing it, but I rather doubt they will give it high priority to do so.

Could they section 8 his house ?

Last year they HAD a mooring volunteer, I know and can confirm this because he had CRT identification.

Also speaking to CRT they agreed, confirming his name,explaining at the time he was fairly new,but the volunteer manager for MK has been notified,and the Waldon will be invited for more training.

Hanna Roe confirmed this from CRT,that he is a volunteer.

He was there last year and the year before.

Maybe they stopped the volunteering Waldons this year?

Jenlyn has seen him, and I saw him on numerous occasions

Other boaters know him, he is of course a character that use to take his job very seriously.

This year we haven't been out of our moorings, due to poor health unfortunately.

The folks that told me re trouble they had at Gifford recently,why I posted today

I will have another chat with them,to find out exactly when they had this experience exactly.

I'm also trying to find the email,Glyn bamford CRT also contacted me by phone re Gifford park.earlier this year.

All the best

Would be nice to find out they have replaced the mooring Waldon,and CRT Have finally sorted out the gardener,Vandal out for once and all.

Col

Edited by bigcol

Last year they HAD a mooring volunteer, I know and can confirm this because he had CRT identification.

Also speaking to CRT they agreed, confirming his name,explaining at the time he was fairly new,but the volunteer manager for MK has been notified,and the Waldon will be invited for more training.

Hanna Roe confirmed this from CRT,that he is a volunteer.

He was there last year and the year before.

Maybe they stopped the volunteering Waldons this year?

No, it was at least last year I asked, I believe, and was told none were employed there.

To me clear I think we would now b talking about what CRT call "mooring rangers", as they ave largely got rif f what were called "mooring wardens" some time back.

So it seems CRT have given one answer on mooring rangers at this location to some people, and a didderent one to others. (It wouldn't be the first example of mixed messges from CRT, of course).

I will ask again!

No, it was at least last year I asked, I believe, and was told none were employed there.

To me clear I think we would now b talking about what CRT call "mooring rangers", as they ave largely got rif f what were called "mooring wardens" some time back.

So it seems CRT have given one answer on mooring rangers at this location to some people, and a didderent one to others. (It wouldn't be the first example of mixed messges from CRT, of course).

I will ask again!

CRT HAD mooring Waldons volunteers last year for sure.!!!!!!!!

If they told you last year they didn't have employed rangers there, their proberly right. But they had a volunteer there for sure.!!

Bike, book, CRT ID card and attitude. Gifford park definitely.! Most days I was moored there 2 weeks going to Stoke bruene I week coming back.

Col

No, the question I asked them was specifically about volunteers, not paid staff.

I've now asked again, but one of the people who might be best placed to answer currently shows as on leave, so it may take a few days.

Then I'm afraid CRT were lying to you Alan

There are people on this forum, in fact Jenlyn have had discussions with the man.

If fact i had to speak to CRT about him on. And they engaged with me about this volunteer mooring walden

Who shouldn't and wasn't taken on to talk to boaters about their licenses!!!

He was taken on as a volunteer in that area to take down Boat registration numbers

He was not a figmatation of my imagination.

To fair after him telling my wife that my license was a forgery, him and I had a big clash the very next day,

It got very heated

Jenlyn was moored up a couple of boats from us on gardeners land lol, and also knows this walden volunteer.

So CRT are lying to you Alan I'm afraid

Edited re spelling yet again

Edited by bigcol

Please Search for Gifford Park

Two different problems last year experienced at Gifford Park

1/ man 1 gardener resident digging over towpath. CRT notified

2/ man 2 over zealous mooring Walden. CRT notified

Edited due to spelling apologies

Edited by bigcol

We were moored there a couple of weeks ago and Dave had a conversation with the volunteer as after he took down our plate number, knocked on the side of the boat and wanted to confirm the name of the boat as we've removed the magnetic signs we had as they were causing the paint to blister behind the signs.

Dave asked if he was a vol or a paid EO, he confirmed he was a local vol

Thankyou Bettie Boo

CRT telling Alan they do not have a walden there

Thought I was going mad!

I can only vouch for last year

But Meeting some people that clashed with the volunteer a few days ago, hence my post.

Col