Sawley to Leicester marina

Annie 42

Featured Posts

Hmmm, that sounds like a question better asked before purchase rather than after!

In truth, I found it an easy and pleasant trip in a Narrowboat last year but, as has been pointed out, you'll be taking on a river navigation which can involve difficulties and/or closures if the rains come. Pick your time, but a 22 footer ought to move easily enough by road if push comes to shove.

It is a lovely trip, you could do it in a single long day but 2 days easily.

You can stop at Zouch, Loughborough, Mountsorrel and Syston of you want canalside pubs on the way.

The river is pretty stable and low at the moment, it will take more than just a shower to put it into flood.

I think you will probably find the flood locks at Red Hill, Kegworth and Pillings open now so not as many locks to do.

OK.that sounds good ? but I think I will consult my river map then!! Yes maybe this should have thought of but in the chaos of it all I got mislead !! But OK silly me..will look into this further....

OK.that sounds good but I think I will consult my river map then!! Yes maybe this should have thought of but in the chaos of it all I got mislead !! But OK silly me..will look into this further....

Boats are made for moving, go for it

Is it a petrol outboard engine, if so make sure you have enough fuel as petrol is not as easy as diesel to buy on the cut.

The soar is currently behaving ok despite the rain. Matty forgot Barrow as a potential stop over close to the Soar Bridge Inn for a brilliant pub! I heard rumours on sunday though that there was a "broken gate" on zouch lock, but have seen river traffic, so guessing it's ok.

ok hi all..well ive got a bit of a change ive bought my friends 20 foot norman its already on the river wey. and its got a mooring..ive sold my other boat to my friend who is going to do her up AND LIVE ON HER..im so pleased.so my new one has 3 years safety...no gas or electrics but is a blank canvas for me to start work on...

yes its a bit smaller ut once shes had new carpet curtains etc...it will be lovely.i took her out earlier and it was so nice today.so an electrician is going in to look at her next week to put electrics in.then im getting my gas ottle and small stove in then having a new certificate put on...

ok hi all..well ive got a bit of a change ive bought my friends 20 foot norman its already on the river wey. and its got a mooring..ive sold my other boat to my friend who is going to do her up AND LIVE ON HER..im so pleased.so my new one has 3 years safety...no gas or electrics but is a blank canvas for me to start work on...Gas

yes its a bit smaller ut once shes had new carpet curtains etc...it will be lovely.i took her out earlier and it was so nice today.so an electrician is going in to look at her next week to put electrics in.then im getting my gas ottle and small stove in then having a new certificate put on...

Gas ottles are quite rare and difficult to find. But I wish you great pleasure with your new boat. smile.png