llangollen

Timx

Featured Posts

Hi, can anyone tell me where you can get a pump out on the Llangollen, on my old copy of Pearsons, it only gives Grindly brook, which needs a card which I don't have and is on wrong side for ease, but will use if needed. Any info would be helpful, as I haven't planned ahead and am already two hours on the Llangollen , good place for diesel as well would be good as well.

Thanks.

Thanks, just I don't have any pump out cards for grindley brook and Iwasnt sure about going into marinas for pump out, thought it might be for home boats only

Occasionally you'll come across a marina that won't do pump outs for passing boats, but its rare. More common is that the pump out machine is out of order, so its worth phoning beforehand to check its okay before turning in and mooring etc.

Occasionally you'll come across a marina that won't do pump outs for passing boats, but its rare. More common is that the pump out machine is out of order, so its worth phoning beforehand to check its okay before turning in and mooring etc.

Some wont pump out on turn round days, normally the weekend

Some wont pump out on turn round days, normally the weekend

Prees branch sold me a card which I then used at their pump out. Added advantage is I think the Prees branch has the only chain operated wooden lift bridge left on the Llangollen, (no doubt others will correct me if I'm wrong) They were almost all that sort when I first went toLllangollen in the late 70s or early 80s.

Cheers for answers, my new Pearsons guide bought from grindley brook, showed me it was a silly question, old one only said there was place, and the café there does not sell cards, as said in old book.so as I was concerned, its a new boat to me and still trying to gauge diesel and black tank, so I pulled in at at abc b4 bridge 32 and was happy that they gave me diesel and p.o., however wow, the diesl prices are high here, 78p as opposed to 57p when filled up on shrop.

I found the Llangollen, whilst delightful, was a bit of a rip-off for almost everything. Especially diesel.

For living aboard with a pump-out, a good idea is to have your own pump and a couple of 25 litre drums stored somewhere. Then you can just dump the odd 25 litres whenever you like, at the usual sewage disposal points. Free! You then have a combined pump-out/cassette system which gives you the benefits of both types.

If you use enough 'blue', it doesn't even smell bad.

I found the Llangollen, whilst delightful, was a bit of a rip-off for almost everything. Especially diesel.

For living aboard with a pump-out, a good idea is to have your own pump and a couple of 25 litre drums stored somewhere. Then you can just dump the odd 25 litres whenever you like, at the usual sewage disposal points. Free! You then have a combined pump-out/cassette system which gives you the benefits of both types.

If you use enough 'blue', it doesn't even smell bad.

Yep, it came with that system, but as female wants to sit in front pointy bit, when she asked about the black bucket in front, I told her the truth, and now it has been off loaded, and I am not that bothered in fairness, have not even looked under the bow shelf things and had it nearly two months lol. lazy.

Yep, it came with that system, but as female wants to sit in front pointy bit, when she asked about the black bucket in front, I told her the truth, and now it has been off loaded, and I am not that bothered in fairness, have not even looked under the bow shelf things and had it nearly two months lol. lazy.

You don't have to have a bucket in view! My two 25l containers live under the counter, along with the pump, and any other unsavoury boaty bits.We DO have an engine room though, which allows loads of storage underneath the steerer.

I'm not sure where you'd keep it all if you have an engine under there.

Whats price of diesel from FB Mountbatten if marinas are 78p ?

I cant remember exactly but it's in the 50s - they dont take the piss like the marinas

Timx use Mountbatten the fuel boat next time - they do a run every other week. their number is 07756 170860

I cant remember exactly but it's in the 50s - they dont take the piss like the marinas

Timx use Mountbatten the fuel boat next time - they do a run every other week. their number is 07756 170860

I surely will, I must admit I never looked at price b4 I had asked just assuming it would of been all around about same price, I learnt a lesson.