Unwelcome shipmate

OldPeculier

Featured Posts

Not always. Killing a wasp always give me great inner satisfaction and a feeling of well-being.

And don't start me on horseflies!

Huh, you just reminded me of what's around the corner. Horseflies love me, my legs have so many scars they look like they have been polka dotted.

Phil

attempts at humour are off the menu, apparently.

seriously, it seems that anything that might conceivably be considered controversial by certain moderators is not welcome.

as others have said, that policy will lead to a very boring forum.

I daren't yawn because the emoticon is apparently outlawed.

I might try that, although I'm not keen to smell like a GURL!

Its not too GURLY and many many very manly tree surgeons wear it, the vans all seem to smell of sweat, 2 stroke and skin so soft :)

attempts at humour are off the menu, apparently.

seriously, it seems that anything that might conceivably be considered controversial by certain moderators is not welcome.

as others have said, that policy will lead to a very boring forum.

I daren't yawn because the emoticon is apparently outlawed.

Or you could just go with it be positive and help the forum evolve in a fresh direction?

• Greenie 1

Its not too GURLY and many many very manly tree surgeons wear it, the vans all seem to smell of sweat, 2 stroke and skin so soft smile.png

Or you could just go with it be positive and help the forum evolve in a fresh direction?

It's NO direction without humour.

I'm another vote for Avon Skin So Soft as it really does work .

Trina

Yeah but you're a GURL. It HAS to work!

ooh Loafer we've never met but you agree that I'm a gurl ...you charmer (I hope we do meet at some point as I think many drinky poos would follow)

Trina

I'm sure it would!

Your forum name suggests a very formidable bear-like person who breaks a lot of mens' heads, but then your real name conjures up a very different image, of a delightful little creature of the, er, GURL gender.

Jolly confusing picture!

Confused of High Offley

They have busted out! After two weeks running around in the roof space, the little buggers have managed to find a way into the boat itself. Half a packet of chocolate digestives gone over night - they must have been hungry.

This makes things easier. Traps and poison all over the boat.

How about enticing them off by leaving a trail of biscuit crumbs from the boat, out the door, and over the gang plank, across the towpath, and into the hedegrow? (and leave the rest of the biscuits to keep them there) - then upping pins and high-tailing it away from there before they finish the biscuits ....

LCx

.... but, if they're chocolate hob-nobs, then never mind the mice, eat the biccies yourself :)

They have busted out! After two weeks running around in the roof space, the little buggers have managed to find a way into the boat itself. Half a packet of chocolate digestives gone over night - they must have been hungry.

This makes things easier. Traps and poison all over the boat.

Ah yes

Now I appreciate these little rodents are causing you a lot of trouble - they'll be all over your work surfaces at night and are incontinent so do wipe them down regularly

On the other hand, I've been on the human side of one of these mouse wars before, it's all developing quite nicely

Traps seem to work, poison means nasty smells. You need to learn to outsmart a mouse, which is surprisingly hard. Bait you traps with chocolate and raisins and put them around the edges of rooms or surfaces, under covers if you can. Mice avoid open areas

Good luck, soon you'll start to appreciate the firm snap of a mousetrap in the dead of night knowing you are starting to win

Richard

I learned all this from my Father-in-law who had a great knowledge and practical experience of country ways. I never learned to trap moles

Ah yes

Now I appreciate these little rodents are causing you a lot of trouble - they'll be all over your work surfaces at night and are incontinent so do wipe them down regularly

On the other hand, I've been on the human side of one of these mouse wars before, it's all developing quite nicely

Traps seem to work, poison means nasty smells. You need to learn to outsmart a mouse, which is surprisingly hard. Bait you traps with chocolate and raisins and put them around the edges of rooms or surfaces, under covers if you can. Mice avoid open areas

Good luck, soon you'll start to appreciate the firm snap of a mousetrap in the dead of night knowing you are starting to win

Richard

I learned all this from my Father-in-law who had a great knowledge and practical experience of country ways. I never learned to trap moles

I gave up trying to trap moles, the last straw was finding one of my traps tripped and lying on the surface with the hole neatly closed over.

Mice love dried apricots, the advantage of apricots is there tough enough to hold on the trap.

Mice love dried apricots, the advantage of apricots is there tough enough to hold on the trap.

The disadvantage is all the dried apricots get eaten by me first. Otherwise, your advice is good. They cannot be easily pulled off the trigger, so there's a good chance of tripping the trap

Richard