"Yobs drill holes in canal boats" !

Québec

Featured Posts

Ah, thanks - that explains much!

I suppose that also applies to: the subject; the facts; the context; the spelling; etc! Which explains much more too! smile.png

Another group, Newsquest, is returning headline writing to local papers -- because they were changing eighty per cent of the ones written by the central hubs.

Or stand in the bow and drill from the inside out.......

job done, no wrecked drill, no cold wet hands, not even likely to get soggy feet!

Except that if like most modern narrowboats it has a self-draining bow deck, the accessible areas of the bow are above the waterline and will already have a pair of fairly large holes called scuppers at the lowest point. So a 10mm hole isn't really going to make much difference.

Edited by blackrose

Except that if like most modern narrowboats it has a self-draining bow deck, the accessible areas of the bow are above the waterline and will already have a pair of fairly large holes called scuppers at the lowest point. So a 10mm hole isn't really going to make much difference.

Was it a modern boat?

Oh I do love all this guessing :)

It doesn't seem plausible to me but all the same, if I see someone drilling a hole in a boat I'll drown them. It'll look like an accident.

Old people need only be on their way home along the towpath from their DIY trip to B&Q with a Bosch drill in a box...