Ruth Ruderham to Depart

Alan de Enfield

Featured Posts

Rats, ship, desert, sinking, the, - rearrange into a well known phrase.

Head of a team of 10 people & Head of Fundrasing, with responsibility for getting 'friends' to join C&RT she has decided to leave C&RT and join the Princes Trust.

Whilst it was expected that initially the 'team' would cost more than they raised, so far, (after 3 years) they have produced a 'loss' of £3 million. What will the future bring ?

Head of a team of 10 people & Head of Fundrasing, with responsibility for getting 'friends' to join C&RT she has decided to leave C&RT and join the Princes Trust.

Whilst it was expected that initially the 'team' would cost more than they raised, so far, (after 3 years) they have produced a 'loss' of £3 million. What will the future bring ?

A shortened version of allan Richards absolute load of made up rubbish on nbw.

In fact, that is probably the worst article I have seen on their to date.

With an ever decreasing number of source's, I suppose the next best thing is just make it up.

Not really, I would have said that she is progressing her career by moving to a far more prestigious, and well established, Voluntary Organization. where she will not be the subjected to the same level of constant, and often unjustified, criticism from people like yourself.

I never for one moment foresaw ever having to give you a greenie. (thankfully I can't, cos I'm all out). Have a virtual one.

• Greenie 1

It's not all about money. There are many committed volunteers thanks to the efforts of BW/CRT. These add to the many that already existed in numerous trusts and societies. If it had not been for supporters and volunteers, we would not have a waterways network today.

Not really, I would have said that she is progressing her career by moving to a far more prestigious, and well established, Voluntary Organization. where she will not be the subjected to the same level of constant, and often unjustified, criticism from people like yourself.

Have a real one from me. As someone that used to be "frontline" in an environmental charity (ie actually doing stuff), I've a lot of respect for fundraisers. They get a hard time from people who want every penny spent on their pet project without realising that everything else falls apart without them carrying on raising money day in day out to pay for the postage and the photocopier. I lost count of the number of people who'd stop me and say "ooh, you're doing a really good job", but I bet that never happened to them, and it bloody well ought to.

I'm not sure I would describe Ruth Ruderham's departure as a rat deserting a sinking ship. It is more a case of not being up to the task set for her. However, as she was (and probably still is) rated as one of the best in her particular line of work, it is unlikely that anyone else would have performed better.

I have had the pleasure of working with Ruth on a number of projects and she is a true professional. Only those who understand little about the role of professional fund raising would judge her on one project.

I would imagine the opportunity to work for a respectable well run charity would be to much to turn down while working for a charity/trust that is badly run and miss managed from the CEO down through all the current directors must be difficult to turn down Ruth is not a Trustee of a number of charities including Oxfam for nothing.

I am so pleased she is leaving a sinking ship that is completely clueless

A shortened version of allan Richards absolute load of made up rubbish on nbw.

In fact, that is probably the worst article I have seen on their to date.

With an ever decreasing number of source's, I suppose the next best thing is just make it up.

Well, at least it means that there is SOMETHING we agree about

Whilst I was never at first too impressed with Ruth Ruderham I am glad she has gone to a more robust and professional body. It was difficult to understand why she didn't achieve the results that she had in her previous occupations at CRT, however when you look at who she was working with is it surprising? Now its up to Mr Parry to sort out how you get the money raised, he could instigate some savings with staff to start with by disposing of a few of the less needed ones, like the head of Governance for instance who cannot even manage the input to the phoney elections!

Whilst I was never at first too impressed with Ruth Ruderham I am glad she has gone to a more robust and professional body. It was difficult to understand why she didn't achieve the results that she had in her previous occupations at CRT, however when you look at who she was working with is it surprising? Now its up to Mr Parry to sort out how you get the money raised, he could instigate some savings with staff to start with by disposing of a few of the less needed ones, like the head of Governance for instance who cannot even manage the input to the phoney elections!

I am very surprised that CaRT's Head of Governance, Roger Hanbury, is still with the Trust. Having transferred the assets of The Waterways Trust (including its 'Friends') of which Mr Hanbury was MD, I would have thought CaRT would have no further use for him.

I will stick my neck out and say he will be gone by Christmas.

I am very surprised that CaRT's Head of Governance, Roger Hanbury, is still with the Trust. Having transferred the assets of The Waterways Trust (including its 'Friends') of which Mr Hanbury was MD, I would have thought CaRT would have no further use for him.

which Christmas :)

I have no view on whether he has performed well or not.

However, even if he has performed badly, perhaps he is hoping that CRT have the same attitude to poor performance as NBW

And how much does she skim off the top of these so called charities, I am sure its 6 figures.

Read as it is written, that is an apalling allegation, and should be retracted. If you are questioning her salary and any accompanying bonuses, that will be part of her employment contract which will be public information. If you disagree with that, it is a matter to be taken up with CaRT management, rather than the subject of a libelous accusation.

• Greenie 3

Read as it is written, that is an apalling allegation, and should be retracted. If you are questioning her salary and any accompanying bonuses, that will be part of her employment contract which will be public information. If you disagree with that, it is a matter to be taken up with CaRT management, rather than the subject of a libelous accusation.

Agreed - "Skim off the top" does have certain connotations which are not the same as "Salary & Bonuses"

I'm not sure I would describe Ruth Ruderham's departure as a rat deserting a sinking ship. It is more a case of not being up to the task set for her. However, as she was (and probably still is) rated as one of the best in her particular line of work, it is unlikely that anyone else would have performed better.

Could also be that the job she was given is not doable. Not her fault if so.

I know Ruth gives her time freely and willingly for the charities where she is a Trustee. I have nothing but admiration for her and am so pleased she has extracted herself from the chaos that is CRT it could not have been doing her reputation any good being associated with a Trust so badly managed and clueless.

I wish her all the best and hope our paths cross again in the future

I don't know the lady, but I do know several who do similar jobs. I would doubt the lady did not do her best to do what was asked of her. People in these positions gain reputation for their abilities and shall I say honesty. Without it she would not have got the job with the Prince's Trust.

Personally I believe the aims of CRT were unattainable. You can't blame the lady for that.