Missing boat - Holly - NOW FOUND!

Pie Eater

Featured Posts

I just looked at the pic of blue holly... and it is displaying a license... so surely it would be a special hire one??

Because I doubt he has a printer with him to mock one up... unless he had already though of it.

Edited by Sam

Now it says 'Holly has been seen' .... thats a more accurate description!

Yeah, I dropped a quick email to Tom (the editor) who thanked me for updating him and he said he would change it asap.

Although if he had to show the boat's licence it would still say Holly. He has the choice to appear un licenced or display Holly's one.

Or to run up a fake licence, using details from the licence on a similar boat that he's cruised past.

BW licences are hardly the pinacle of security printing.

Or to run up a fake licence, using details from the licence on a similar boat that he's cruised past.

BW licences are hardly the pinacle of security printing.

Does he have a computer on board.. with a printer....? :lol:

I would have thought there is a large chance that he has either taken one from another boat or is still displaying the same one... or maybe he had a previous boat and is using the license from that...

It did say he was experienced..

Does he have a computer on board.. with a printer....? :lol:

I would have thought there is a large chance that he has either taken one from another boat or is still displaying the same one... or maybe he had a previous boat and is using the license from that...

It did say he was experienced..

Now you are giving him ideas!

Yeah, I dropped a quick email to Tom (the editor) who thanked me for updating him and he said he would change it asap.

Your e-mail has worked - he has changed it to read Holly has been seen rather than Holly has been found.

Howard Anguish

I would think he will probably have the original licence, after all at the time the boat was re-painted, everyone was looking for a Green Middlewich boat called Holly, not a blue one. And how many people can tell the difference (if you weren't looking for it) between the private and hire licences?

As for whether we are helping or impeading the search by giving it so much publicity, I can only think we are helping because otherwise he'd never get spotted!

Thanks to all for your help so far,

Jon

I just looked at the pic of blue holly... and it is displaying a license... so surely it would be a special hire one??

Is the licence in the same place on both boats? I guess he could still have still just changed the licence, but it might give us an idea. All these little details can only help the hunt.

Richard.

I would think he will probably have the original licence, after all at the time the boat was re-painted, everyone was looking for a Green Middlewich boat called Holly, not a blue one. And how many people can tell the difference (if you weren't looking for it) between the private and hire licences?

Jon

How do you tell the difference with a quick glance? Planning a walk up the Grand Union (Little Venice -> Bulls Bridge) on Saturday and if I spot a "likely suspect" it would handy to be able to spot the difference.

is the blue boat definately the missing boat?

How do you tell the difference with a quick glance? Planning a walk up the Grand Union (Little Venice -> Bulls Bridge) on Saturday and if I spot a "likely suspect" it would handy to be able to spot the difference.

just start scratching the paint off!

Ok.

The blue picture is showing that the licence is in the front left window.

I can't see a licence on the green boat.

I believe that the licence.. if it is hollys. . would say Nb holly and the boat number... it would also say that it was a commercial license not a standard leisure one... I am not sure though so someone else will need to back that up.

Also I would look for green bits of paint or anything that makes it look like it has been done quickly.

And take a camera :lol:

If it was me i would try and engage the man in convo.. (friendly..) ask where he is heading and how long he has had the boat... the sort of thing a nosey towpath walker asks!

Ah! Maybe I should clarify ... what is the difference in license colour? I've seen loads of blue and gold ones, so is there another colour for commercial/hire?

Trust me, though, were I to spot I likely suspect I'd carry on walking and then use a VERY long lense on my camera! Then phone Trish ASAP! (And standback and wait for Daniel Craig to play me in the Movie of the story!)

What is this in the picture of blue holly.. to me it looks like it is half painted!!

holly.jpg

Any ideas???

Ah! Maybe I should clarify ... what is the difference in license colour? I've seen loads of blue and gold ones, so is there another colour for commercial/hire?

Trust me, though, were I to spot I likely suspect I'd carry on walking and then use a VERY long lense on my camera! Then phone Trish ASAP! (And standback and wait for Daniel Craig to play me in the Movie of the story!)

haha.

i don't think they are a different colour. But i'm not sure.

What is this in the picture of blue holly.. to me it looks like it is half painted!!

Any ideas???

i don't think they are a different colour. But i'm not sure.

It's the reflection of the boat just behind it - you could see the boat in the original, but it was cropped at the request of the owners.

Edited by Chris J W