Waterside Mooring Website

Ray T

Featured Posts

It's been our mooring since 2003. When we started mooring there, it was almost full. Now there are only three boats - yet no vacancies

Richard

One 50 ft 10 in /15.5m space available now. It says "This linear site is approximately 220m long and provides space for up to 4 vessels moored against the towpath."

One 50 ft 10 in /15.5m space available now. It says "This linear site is approximately 220m long and provides space for up to 4 vessels moored against the towpath."

There are several mooring sites like that. Came past the new pontoon at Fradley yesterday. 3 permanent boats with large gaps between them then one long space. Move them up a bit and space for two narrowboats.

There are also several which say 50 ft when I know there is space for longer.

Having said that it is much easier to search on the new site than the old.

I tried to buy a winter mooring but my boat being 20.6m long, made the CRT software tell me there was no space available despite there being a 20m mooring available.

Then the CRT Software was correct, even I know a 20.6m long boat won't fit in a 20m hole!

I imagine CRT will introduce a gap between boats when surveying moorings for availability. They probably aren't allowed to have boats actually touching each other.

I don't know what the gap is but even if it were 0.5m then a 20.6m boat actually would fit into 20m mooring and not touch any other boats..

It's been our mooring since 2003. When we started mooring there, it was almost full. Now there are only three boats - yet no vacancies

Richard

Hatton Top Lock moorings lost six places when Ventnor Farm Marina opened as part of BW/CaRT's policy of removing one online mooring for every ten created in a new marina.

Hatton Top Lock moorings lost six places when Ventnor Farm Marina opened as part of BW/CaRT's policy of removing one online mooring for every ten created in a new marina.

Thanks Allan. I suspected they had been traded, I wasn't sure when

Richard

It's a pity that they are not then relabelled as visitor moorings.

Indeed. That would make it easier for folk to stop for the cafe.

Likewise it's a pity that the missing 'Permit Holders Only' sign that was prised off the first post many years ago hasn't been replaced

Richard