Free aerial photos of boats

Kinver Canopies

Featured Posts

Hi guys.

After having practiced with smaller ones for some time I've just purchased a new drone.

I'm looking for folks that may want their boat photographed from the air so I can practice my shots.

I don't wont to fly it without permission and consent of the owners and marinas that you may be moored in.

If anyone is interested drop me an email on ian@kinvercanopies.co.uk

Cheers.

We get around quite a bit so can reach a lot of the canal network to photograph.

I'm also looking at getting them printed to canvas, so if you're interested in that i'll also find a price out, the last big photos I had done only cost me about £30. Just think they'd look nice.

Please be aware of the CAA regulations regarding aerial photography and drone operation. Its best you look them up for yourself but the key points are

You must not fly within 150 mtrs of or over a built up area

You must not fly closer than 50 mtrs to any vehicle vessel or structure

You must not fly witin 30 mtrs of any person

You may not do aerial work without a special license. (Their defintion of aerial work is quite wide ranging)

There have been a few prosecutions recently, so they are enforcing the rules.

Top Cat

Edited by Top cat

My other-arf is a retired ATCO (Air Traffic Control Officer) with civil and military base experience. Her instant reaction was "CAA - late to the party and over-reactive". The new rules are extrapolations of existing rules for fixed and rotary wing ('elly-coptaz to us). It doesn't take a genius to realise that many of these are not scalable nor should be due to the nature of the aerial vehicles different sizes, masses and potential dangers. Never the less, they is The Rules and it'll take some years of case law to change them. In the mean time the CAA will probably allow exceptions, as always, one presumes for a small but perfectly formed cost...

Hi guys.

After having practiced with smaller ones for some time I've just purchased a new drone.

I'm looking for folks that may want their boat photographed from the air so I can practice my shots.

I don't wont to fly it without permission and consent of the owners and marinas that you may be moored in.

If anyone is interested drop me an email on ian@kinvercanopies.co.uk

Cheers.

We get around quite a bit so can reach a lot of the canal network to photograph.

I'm also looking at getting them printed to canvas, so if you're interested in that i'll also find a price out, the last big photos I had done only cost me about £30. Just think they'd look nice.

Don't know about having a photo, but I'd be interested in having a large cratch cover made in the fairly near.

Anyway, photos are free if you want one taking and I can get to your boat :)

Just hope I don't get swamped.

Thinking about it put "drone" in the email subject line, that way I can filter them.

I wouldn't mind a nice shot of Halsall (fuel boat/Hustoric boat) from the air if your ever in the area. I cover the full Four Counties Ring plus the River Weaver, chester & Ellesmere Port.

I work to quite a tight schedule at this time of year so wouldn't be able to hang around for staging shots etc, but if we could find a mutually convenient place somewhere on my round I'm sure we could sort something. Oh and I'd probably get it put onto canvas for myself as an xmas pressie.

That is a big marina, and looked full, owners of the marina must be delighted.

Excellent film quality, how we have moved on in 25 years.

Drones are excellent for any work that needs inspection and surveying.

Fisherman told me his mt8 is fishing by drone!!!!

There was one that managed to put a proper gun on a drone,

Col

And yes I would love a shot of our boat in in MK

Col

Please be aware of the CAA regulations regarding aerial photography and drone operation. Its best you look them up for yourself but the key points are

You must not fly within 150 mtrs of or over a built up area

You must not fly closer than 50 mtrs to any vehicle vessel or structure

You must not fly witin 30 mtrs of any person

You may not do aerial work without a special license. (Their defintion of aerial work is quite wide ranging)

There have been a few prosecutions recently, so they are enforcing the rules.

Top Cat

The short video cited on another recent thread seems to break many of those rules!

Those rules apply to amateurs, if you get a commercial operators licence, have your kit inspected, file a flight plan, get it approved, then you can fly within those limits. But if you look at the BBC video you won't see many members of the public under the flight path. Even licensed operators have limits on what they can do.

If I wanted to get an "aerial"photo of say a fuel boat I would attatch my mini video camera to a long carbon fibre pole, stand on a bridge stick the pole up in the air , brace it on the parapet and video the boat as it went under, all perfectly legal

T C

Edited by Top cat

Those rules apply to amateurs, if you get a commercial operators licence, have your kit inspected, file a flight plan, get it approved, then you can fly within those limits. But if you look at the BBC video you won't see many members of the public under the flight path. Even licensed operators have limits on what they can do.

If I wanted to get an "aerial"photo of say a fuel boat I would attatch my mini video camera to a long carbon fibre pole, stand on a bridge stick the pole up in the air , brace it on the parapet and video the boat as it went under, all perfectly legal

T C

I was thinking especially of the central Birmingham shot. You'd be hard pushed to fly up Caen Hill without coming within 30m of a person and 50m of a vessel, at least on a fair day.

Right, think I've opened up a can of worms here. I did some filming for an Olympic triathlon qualifier the other month. As long as your're not daft with the drone and have a safe human free flight path to/from area and a clear launch and landing site the powers that be are ok with it ( within reason).

It's all just to stop idiots flying to high or filming Big Ben, football games, spying and general safety etc, etc. I don't even fly mine high enough to pester the lovely lady in flat 5c window three on Tuesday's when it's yoga class..... Errrrr I mean to pester pigeons. :)