Winter mooring restrictions

pearley

Featured Posts

Just received 3 emails about restrictions to visitor moorings which have been designated as winter mooring sites.

Winter Moorings

Please be advised that there will be winter mooring restrictions on the Droitwich Canal at Netherwich Visitor moorings from 19th October 2015 11 March 2016 (inclusive).

Permit holders only may use the sites from 1st November 2015 29th February 2016 in accordance with the length of their winter mooring permit.

The other two are about the G & S and W & B.

This implies that the entire VMs are restricted. Surely CRT said only 50% would be given over. If they don't sell the mooring does it then remain empty or can we use them without being moved on?

Edited by pearley

Just received 3 emails about restrictions to visitor moorings which have been designated as winter mooring sites.

Winter Moorings

Please be advised that there will be winter mooring restrictions on the Droitwich Canal at Netherwich Visitor moorings from 19th October 2015 11 March 2016 (inclusive).

Permit holders only may use the sites from 1st November 2015 29th February 2016 in accordance with the length of their winter mooring permit.

This implies that the entire VMs are restricted. Surely CRT said only 50% would be given over. If they don't sell the mooring does it then remain empty or can we use them without being moved on?

Best ask them. No one here will know. You are correct about the 50% bit though.

Winter Moorings

I find that terrible, that makes it very difficult to boat on the Droitwich in those months, so CRT will probably say there was no demand for visitor moorings. The only place you could moor would be by the park.

They have been doing this at almist 1/4 mile of moorings at Crick for years, the last 2 years has seen the same chap take his mooring there on his own.

I was asked to move on by someone from the marina when mooring there 2 years ago after one night, I stayed 8 days,only moving then as I needed a better Internet and phone signal.

They have been doing this at almist 1/4 mile of moorings at Crick for years, the last 2 years has seen the same chap take his mooring there on his own.

I was asked to move on by someone from the marina when mooring there 2 years ago after one night, I stayed 8 days,only moving then as I needed a better Internet and phone signal.

IMO It is all a mess

The following email has been sent out concerning the G&S

Winter Moorings

Please be advised that there will be winter mooring restrictions on the Gloucester & Sharpness Canal at the sites below from 19thOctober 2015 11 March 2016 (inclusive).

Rea Visitor Moorings

Sellars Visitor Moorings

Fretherene North Visitor Moorings

Splatt South Visitor Moorings

Sharpness Visitor Moorings

UNQUOTE

It seems to say that unless you have a winter mooring these moorings are not available to any other licence payers. Now unless you know the G&S some are quite long Visitor Moorings or even just stretches of moorings. Now unless there is an enormous take up of Winter Moorings it means boaters will be cruising past loads of empty mooring spaces but not allowed to moor

We will be ignoring any signs designating 'Winter Moorings' and mooring for as long as the usual signs state, unless some one arrives with an official notice saying they have paid for that specific piece of mooring.

Have seen to many completely empty 'Winter Moorings' over the last few years.

We will be ignoring any signs designating 'Winter Moorings' and mooring for as long as the usual signs state, unless some one arrives with an official notice saying they have paid for that specific piece of mooring.

Have seen to many completely empty 'Winter Moorings' over the last few years.

Don't forget all visitor moorings except a few become 14 day moorings from 1 November to end February

I made enquiries at the Stop House in Braunston regarding areas designated as winter moorings.

I was assured that unoccupied moorings were available to be used as normal visitor moorings.

Rog

Shame they do not say that on their emails was the person in stop house a person with authority otherwise it is meaningless for someone on G&S. I don't think saying to the local EO here "well I read on the forum that the person at the stop house in Braunston said it was ok" is going to work

IMO It is all a mess

The following email has been sent out concerning the G&S

Winter Moorings

Please be advised that there will be winter mooring restrictions on the Gloucester & Sharpness Canal at the sites below from 19thOctober 2015 11 March 2016 (inclusive).

Rea Visitor Moorings

Sellars Visitor Moorings

Fretherene North Visitor Moorings

Splatt South Visitor Moorings

Sharpness Visitor Moorings

UNQUOTE

It seems to say that unless you have a winter mooring these moorings are not available to any other licence payers. Now unless you know the G&S some are quite long Visitor Moorings or even just stretches of moorings. Now unless there is an enormous take up of Winter Moorings it means boaters will be cruising past loads of empty mooring spaces but not allowed to moor

I have just emailed CRT and asked where I can moor when I visit the Droitwitch and G&S in the winter months

I have had a reply already and I did email them until 2007 hrs this evening so someone is working late.

"Hi, Brian

Thanks for your email.
Please note that though there are winter mooring sites on the G&S, where a winter mooring is part of a visitor mooring site, only 50% of the site will be for permit-holders. Therefore, though there is a restriction on half of the mooring site, the other half of the site will still be available throughout the winter period for visitors."

I have just emailed CRT and asked where I can moor when I visit the Droitwitch and G&S in the winter months

Please post response as mid October is definitely not winter and we may be going that way just as the restriction starts!

Edit to recognize that I have now seen the above response which seems much more what would be expected than the original badly worded email.

Edited by Mike Todd

Please post response as mid October is definitely not winter and we may be going that way just as the restriction starts!

Edit to recognize that I have now seen the above response which seems much more what would be expected than the original badly worded email.

Don't forget bridge closures start 1 November