My first bake!

Lmcgrath87

Featured Posts

Well done. I like the way it's cheekily sticking its little tongue out!

That reminds me, yesterday Mrs. Athy made buns incorporating apples and blackberries from our garden. 'scuse me while I go and raid that Vinny the Panda tin in the kitchen...

Nice sponge there, looks well timed to me, but it appears to be normal sized rather than little.

Generally I don't make cream-filled cakes; it goes everywhere when you bite into it. I like fruit cakes, incorporating chopped fruit into the mix. At this time of year though I have much more fruit than I can use, currently apples and pears.

Nice sponge there, looks well timed to me, but it appears to be normal sized rather than little.

Generally I don't make cream-filled cakes; it goes everywhere when you bite into it. I like fruit cakes, incorporating chopped fruit into the mix. At this time of year though I have much more fruit than I can use, currently apples and pears.

Ohhhh your cake looks lovely clapping.gif

We are moored beside some lovely blackberry bushes and there is a Russet apple tree just in front of the boat. Made my first of the season Apple & blackberry crumble yesterday.

Dave got a little carried away with the blackberry picking, so I now have the equivalent of two punnets in the freezer huh.png

I lourve this time of year icecream.gif

Ohhhh your cake looks lovely clapping.gif

We are moored beside some lovely blackberry bushes and there is a Russet apple tree just in front of the boat. Made my first of the season Apple & blackberry crumble yesterday.

Dave got a little carried away with the blackberry picking, so I now have the equivalent of two punnets in the freezer huh.png

I lourve this time of year icecream.gif

This thread is becoming crueler and crueler

I too made a blackberry & apple crumble the other day,needed the boathook to grab some decent sized apples.The previous week we had plum & apple-picked the plums & the apples were from a'help yourself to the apples but leave the box' outside a house.I love free food !

Trina

Ps have seen some sloes for sloe gin ...

We made damson gin with the damsons by the Minshull lock on the Middlewich branch. Lidl supplied the gin.

There was an apple tree just below the lock but now only a few left. A little way further on SUMBA Shropshire Union Middlewich Branch Association have planted a row of fruit trees by the moorings.

We made damson gin with the damsons by the Minshull lock on the Middlewich branch. Lidl supplied the gin.

There was an apple tree just below the lock but now only a few left. A little way further on SUMBA Shropshire Union Middlewich Branch Association have planted a row of fruit trees by the moorings.

Is that a breakaway group of dissidents

I too made a blackberry & apple crumble the other day,needed the boathook to grab some decent sized apples.The previous week we had plum & apple-picked the plums & the apples were from a'help yourself to the apples but leave the box' outside a house.I love free food !

Trina

Ps have seen some sloes for sloe gin ...

I can imagine that a boathook would be quite good for getting an apple off a tree, but you'd have to be underneath to catch it. The ideal tool for the job is a telescopic apple picker, which comes with a cloth bag to catch a few apples at a time before you lower it. I bought one a few years ago, and found it very effective for picking apples from high up a tree, but it's currently in my shed out of action awaiting a little replacement bolt. It probably won't get mended just yet because following some well-judged tree pruning in March there's more low-hanging fruit than I can use.

Thanks guys, it tastes very good smile.png I'm actually putting in an application for the next bake off if they do another series...

I'm going to try pick some blackberries this week if there are still any to be had and make a buttermilk blackberry sponge next weekend.

Try looking down the lane to the marina or around the edges of the car park near the offices.

Fred

Thanks guys, it tastes very good :) I'm actually putting in an application for the next bake off if they do another series...

I'm going to try pick some blackberries this week if there are still any to be had and make a buttermilk blackberry sponge next weekend.

check on both sides of the hedge, because one side always gets more sun, so they may be red or over ripe on one side and perfect on the other side, I picked up a carrier bag of walnuts this weekend to be pickled for Christmas, good luck baking off