mooring secured with canal and river trust, but still waiting to get on mooring spot

bux

Featured Posts

cant believe how much canal and river trust drag their heals, we got conformation that we had secured a mooring at titford pump house, should of gone in last Wednesday, but have had no contact from cart, we have made several phone calls to them, but still cart have not got back to us, I feel as though they have defaulted on their agreement, I now feel like telling them to stick the mooring, I would lodge a complaint but I dare say that would also fall on deaf ears.

Sorry if I'm being thick, but if you have had conformation from CRT and know the date your agreement started from, what is it you are waiting for from CRT on top of that? How come you can't just go onto the mooring in the normal way now?

Edited by Starcoaster

As far as i remember CRT say they will arrange an introduction to the mooring by the local moorings manager. Champagne, caviar, directions to the elsan point etc etc

In reality I have not experience this and even on a gated mooring I just turned up and borrowed a key off a neighbour for copying. Now we have non copyable keys.

Maybe titford is a gated mooring?

Write to them and tell them that they are in breach of contract in that they have not given you the information required to allow you to use the mooring and that you will be holding them responsible for any expenses you encounter while you await this information.

That may focus their minds.

I would suggest mooring anyway and talk to neighbours if they seem tame then either get an extension lead in place for your charger or run engine for charging until you get the pin for the electric :)

Edited by magnetman

yes could go in but as jenny b said I believe they are in breach of contract at the moment, phoned them 4 times today with a promise that they would get back to me, needles to say they never got back to me, so I may have to write to them, however if I knew it was going to be this difficult I would never of bothered to put in a buy it now bid, which ended and we won on the 21st of june, however no payment has been taken out of my bank yet

Sorry if I'm being thick, but if you have had conformation from CRT and know the date your agreement started from, what is it you are waiting for from CRT on top of that? How come you can't just go onto the mooring in the normal way now?

You are not being thick and I know what the OP means I think. Winning the mooring at auction you would think secures the mooring, but that is just the start. You then fill in the paperwork post it off and wait to find out if you are the sort of person they want on their mooring. I am waiting!!!

yes could go in but as jenny b said I believe they are in breach of contract at the moment, phoned them 4 times today with a promise that they would get back to me, needles to say they never got back to me, so I may have to write to them, however if I knew it was going to be this difficult I would never of bothered to put in a buy it now bid, which ended and we won on the 21st of june, however no payment has been taken out of my bank yet

Good job they have a Customer Service Manager busy on a number of projects other than sorting out Customer Service

I think this is an issue down to the competence of the individual moorings manager for the mooring site concerned.

When we won ours three years ago at Pollington the local moorings manager Robert Taylor emailed us straight away. He also confirmed how we could obtain a key for the mooring security gates (it was a bespoke key not a CRT one) from Fearns Wharf. Sure enough the key was at reception as promised.

When I asked which spot we had he emailed straight back on firming the names of the boats in front and behind our spot. On surrendering the mooring I got the deposit on the key back within days of sending it back to Leeds.

yes martin I think you are right, we cannot even get the name of our mooring manager to contact, well we will see what tomorrow brings, thanks for letting me sound off folks, just want to get it sorted really, so we can settle for a while

I think this is an issue down to the competence of the individual moorings manager for the mooring site concerned.

When we won ours three years ago at Pollington the local moorings manager Robert Taylor emailed us straight away. He also confirmed how we could obtain a key for the mooring security gates (it was a bespoke key not a CRT one) from Fearns Wharf. Sure enough the key was at reception as promised.

When I asked which spot we had he emailed straight back on firming the names of the boats in front and behind our spot. On surrendering the mooring I got the deposit on the key back within days of sending it back to Leeds.

Martyn think things have changed. You now receive a rather curt autoreply email with documents you have to download and return within 14 days (yes even when changing from cc to home mooring that 14 days hounds me :) )

The paperwork makes it quite clear that by winning the auction does not mean you have secured the mooring until you are approved

yes martin I think you are right, we cannot even get the name of our mooring manager to contact, well we will see what tomorrow brings, thanks for letting me sound off folks, just want to get it sorted really, so we can settle for a while

The name of the moorings manager should be on the auction page, along with their email address.

Bottom right.

Martyn think things have changed. You now receive a rather curt autoreply email with documents you have to download and return within 14 days (yes even when changing from cc to home mooring that 14 days hounds me :) )

The paperwork makes it quite clear that by winning the auction does not mean you have secured the mooring until you are approved

I seem to recall downloading documents but what I think I am trying to explain is we got direct personal contact over and above all the automated stuff.

The name of the moorings manager should be on the auction page, along with their email address.

Bottom right.

I seem to recall downloading documents but what I think I am trying to explain is we got direct personal contact over and above all the automated stuff.

My mooring move was seamless, direct contact with the mooring manager, phone call from the office to sort out the direct debit and a key left with a neighbour.

Honestly I was impressed how smooth it was.

Perhaps the problems have only started since the introduction of the new customer services head.

It would seem so I have had no contact from CRT other than the auto email I enclosed a note with my application stating that they must contact me via phone or email as the address they have is postal address and mail can take upto 6 months to reach me.

It would seem so I have had no contact from CRT other than the auto email I enclosed a note with my application stating that they must contact me via phone or email as the address they have is postal address and mail can take upto 6 months to reach me.

Perhaps they are organising your welcome pack. Brasso, step and mat etc lol.

When we won our mooring in December we had no contact other than the auto reply email. Sent the forms back (via email I think) and finally received our moorings permit in the post about 8 weeks later, which is finally when they started taking our money! We'd already been moored at the site about 6 weeks by then.

Still waiting for our moorings manager to get back to us on where our spot is on the moorings! We just turned up on the start date and moored in a vacant space. After chatting to the other moorers we moved around a bit to suit everyone.

I think the whole process was very disorganised and it was, and is, impossible to get through to speak to our moorings manager, although he does occasionally answer emails.

Good luck in getting any sense out of CRT!

Tom

When we won our mooring in December we had no contact other than the auto reply email. Sent the forms back (via email I think) and finally received our moorings permit in the post about 8 weeks later, which is finally when they started taking our money! We'd already been moored at the site about 6 weeks by then.

Still waiting for our moorings manager to get back to us on where our spot is on the moorings! We just turned up on the start date and moored in a vacant space. After chatting to the other moorers we moved around a bit to suit everyone.

I think the whole process was very disorganised and it was, and is, impossible to get through to speak to our moorings manager, although he does occasionally answer emails.

Tom

Maybe some time in the future our new Customer Service Manager might find a bit of spare time from tinkering to delivering some customer service

Tom

No body told me where to moor and as the only real problem at the mooring is finding a spot where the bottom is far enough away from the top to allow the boat to float, they had better bring a dredger if the want me to move location :)

Hi Bux,I moor at Titford(went off on my travels this morn).I think your mooring may be at the end of the arm?-just go onto it,folks there are friendly.If you need to run your engine,just explain why.You could do with moving from the top of the locks or you'll be stuck in the middle of the Russell N rally ! I understand your frustration but don't let it put you off as it's a decent mooring(We've moored there for 11 years).

Edited by The Bearwood Boster