Topic under close watch

Featured Posts

Topic Under Close Watch

Be advised that this topic is under close watch by the moderators and it can be locked at any time, if any posts break our code of conduct.

I just came across this on another forum I use: http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/247390-what-is-the-planet-above-venus-right-now/

That also uses the IP.Board software

Do we have this feature, and would this be a useful thing for the moderators to use?

Richard

Edited by RLWP

odd comments on this forum occasionaly!

Yes, I'm afraid I'm responsible for most of them

So, this 'Topic under close watch' thing. What do people think?

Richard

Is this actually a 'feature which the moderators use', or just something that they do? If the latter, then I'm sure our mods do the same. In fact, ISTR similar words being used by mods here in the past in occasional topics which have strayed.

It puts a red flag against the topic. Hang on, I'll do some screen grabs

Right.

It's a tool used by moderators to alert users

This is the Risk of Closure tag that appears against the list of posts:

Message-1.jpg

And this at the bottom of each page of the thread:

Message-2.jpg

I don't know if this is just an editing process or a software feature.

Richard

Edited by RLWP

I just came across this on another forum I use: http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/247390-what-is-the-planet-above-venus-right-now/

That also uses the IP.Board software

Do we have this feature, and would this be a useful thing for the moderators to use?

Richard

Simple answer: no

More complicated answer: watch this space for an announcement in the next few days, Dan will/should be making an announcement soon.

Simple answer: no

More complicated answer: watch this space for an announcement in the next few days, Dan will/should be making an announcement soon.

Beat me to it - I just PMd you

Thanks Paul

Richard

MORE: A different software version, I guess

Edited by RLWP

Pointless, any topic should be under scrutiny, and could be locked or deleted according to the whim of the censor on duty

Yeah, a moderator can just as easily post in the thread itself that they're aware of the topic and the way its going etc. If people don't read this, or ignore it, they don't deserve to post in it.....

Yeah, a moderator can just as easily post in the thread itself that they're aware of the topic and the way its going etc. If people don't read this, or ignore it, they don't deserve to post in it.....

Hole in one agreed Paul

It puts a red flag against the topic. Hang on, I'll do some screen grabs

Right.

It's a tool used by moderators to alert users

This is the Risk of Closure tag that appears against the list of posts:

Message-1.jpg

And this at the bottom of each page of the thread:

Message-2.jpg

I don't know if this is just an editing process or a software feature.

Richard

So how did an innocent topic about a planet above Venus almost get closed? (Imagination working overtime here - Venus, mound of Venus, and more! ohmy.png

So how did an innocent topic about a planet above Venus almost get closed? (Imagination working overtime here - Venus, mound of Venus, and more! ohmy.png

Government conspiracies, Planet X and one or two other bits.

Richard

Everyone should already know when a thread is on the way out smile.png It's normally quite obvious..lol

That seems to work OK here. SGL has around twelve times the number of daily visitors that this site has, I guess these tools are more appropriate for large forums

Richard

Really? God, there's a whole world out there I don't know about.

You'll be OK here, don't take that to an astronomy forum. Conspiracy theories are like licensing options to avoid cost here*

Richard

*Look, I've tried to be tactful - cut me some slack