CRT relaxing licence display rules?

TheBiscuits

Featured Posts

When people blatently display that they had a licence in 2013 then what's the point of up to date ones.

Enforce the registration number on both sides rule 100% and stop sending out paper licences.

When people blatently display that they had a licence in 2013 then what's the point of up to date ones.

Enforce the registration number on both sides rule 100% and stop sending out paper licences.

Whilst going along the Shroppie the other day we spotted a boat displaying a 2002 licence.

C&RT are trying to enforce the display of registration number rule - ours had fallen out of one window and we hadn't noticed. However we received a letter from C&RT saying that although they knew we had a licence, they couldn't see the number. Would we like to buy new number plates?

i thought I read somewhere they had already decided not to bother looking at the licenses as they just scan in the boat number? The guff that comes with it still says it has to be displayed though. And you can of course always put the wrong number on your boat.

Whilst going along the Shroppie the other day we spotted a boat displaying a 2002 licence.

C&RT are trying to enforce the display of registration number rule - ours had fallen out of one window and we hadn't noticed. However we received a letter from C&RT saying that although they knew we had a licence, they couldn't see the number. Would we like to buy new number plates?

Fair play to them. 'Ya got to boost your revinue stream. biggrin.png

i thought I read somewhere they had already decided not to bother looking at the licenses as they just scan in the boat number? The guff that comes with it still says it has to be displayed though. And you can of course always put the wrong number on your boat.

Not legally!

Never had one in my window either. Did get a bollocking letter saying that they couldn't see my reg number from the bank side though. I sent them a specs savers flyer and haven't heard owt back

Do they ever enforce licence display rules? I've never displayed mine and mentioned it to the CRT checker bloke once and he told me it didn't matter.

Whenever our boat has been logged the only thing they were interested in was the index number and the boat name. Both are clearly displayed both sides.

It was once logged with an expired licence in the window and the guy logging the boat didn't even mention it (the boat was licensed).