Passed with flying colours!!

Gillie

Featured Posts

Had the survey today..and everything was ok..thickness of hull was good...fit out good...safety fine..

the engine is blowing a little smoke and we had a seperate engine test..and are getting some money off to do a few maintanence tasks to the engine and gear box..

the only thing the surveyor said needed doing A S A P was hull blacking which we will do at the end of the summer..

So...we finalised the deal and seem to ( at last ) have a boat!!..

We won't be able to collect her until Easter though..how frustrating..but have waited so long a little while longer will be ok..:P

Have uploaded survey pictures into gallery if anyone wants to look..

George Gibson & assistant Richard were both realy nice..and it was a very interesting experience watching them at work..( & hearing Georges navy stories :lol: )

Gillie

Congratulations, just off to have a nose at the pictures.

Hi

Back after quick perusal, could only see one possible fault, the headlight and other brass needs polishing :P

Seriously, it does look a fantastic boat. Happy boating. :lol:

Yeah, looks like a cracking boat.. congratulations! :P

Edited to add... Just found the boat on the brokerage website.. and after looking at the pics I've come to the conclusion that it's a very nice boat indeed!

Edited by Liam

Looks a great boat Gillie. Now I know all narrowboats look the same (ducks LOL) well they do if you look at a marina full, but everyone, including me has a preference, and if I was looking for one, I'd certainly consider yours.

We especially liked it because of the abundance of side hatches..( 3 on one side 4 on the other)

Not everyone likes them I know but we love them...

don't think Colecraft enjoyed all the extra welding they entailed though!!

Gilliie,

That is excellent news - I bet you can't wait to get on board.....One note from our experience. We have brought our boat and had a boat buyer’s survey completed. The insurance company wanted sight of a survey before offering insurance. I expect they would have been happy with a hull survey. However I foolishly sent off the complete survey, now they have cited all the recommendations from the surveyors report as exempt from the insurance - if any of the points the surveyor ID's as recommended cause a claim they will not cover us. The absolute irony is that it’s the same insurers that the previous owners had - without the limitations.......you live and learn !!

Enjoy the boat

Nev

Hi Gillie,

Looks really nice, all those side hatches should make it nice and light inside when they are open and nice and secure when they are not. Now I know what she's called I'll look out for you when you get up to Newbury. Might see you at the demo in March if you make it.

:P

Ken

Might see you at the demo in March if you make it.

We won't have the boat there then as we are not fetching her untill easter holidays...

but we hope to come up on the saturday to generally mill about & be supportive..wave a placard..that sort of thing.!!

Edited by Gillie

:P

:lol:

any reason I should know about for these faces??..

or is it some sort of man joke thng about swarfega..if so please tell..!

Edited by Gillie

any reason I should know about for these faces??..

or is it some sort of man joke thng about swarfega..if so please tell..!

Gillie I think they are being blokey

ignore them or send them back to the playground with a flea in their ears