shotguns on a boat

TaffyRon

Featured Posts

Thinking of moving them aboard rather than a cabinet in the house, anyone done this? Got some shooting permission near my mooring on the shroppie, any ideas, got full licence etc, at the very least a proper cabinet would be needed and police informed.

only an idea but I bet its a no go

Edited by TaffyRon

I think it'd be fine if you are licensed and use a proper cabinet as you suggest :)

not sure if there are any particular regulations from CRT but you can carry one in a vehicle so why not in a boat ?

Or have you got a whole arsenal

Well I for one would dearly like to think that nobody had guns on a canal boat.......

But if you really want to ask questions like this, it is always worth trying a forum search for previous questions and answers on a very specific topic.

This is easy to find.....

Linky

I think it'd be fine if you are licensed and use a proper cabinet as you suggest :)

not sure if there are any particular regulations from CRT but you can carry one in a vehicle so why not in a boat ?

Or have you got a whole arsenal

haha not an arsenal, they are just used for pigeon decoying, stern bilge would be a good place, like I say its just a thought, wondered what the rules were, never thought of CRT lol, im sure they will wee on my fire but reignite it for a fat cheque

Well I for one would dearly like to think that nobody had guns on a canal boat.......

But if you really want to ask questions like this, it is always worth trying a forum search for previous questions and answers on a very specific topic.

This is easy to find.....

Linky

sometimes canons would be handy!

Edited by TaffyRon

Im not going to use them to make people slow down, just shooting few pigeons off my neighbours rape field, im sure you have veg oil on your canal boat

Air rifles are fine but they are inhumane and inaccurate where flying is concerned, ive even seen a squirrel divert a pellet of his bonce thinking "wtf was that"

Quite a few people do - but generally due to perceptions about shooter / guns its not talked about very much.

The big problem you will need to discuss with your local Firearms Officer is notifying the relevant force when you move into their area

Move along the T&M and you are in area of Cheshire, Staffordshire, Debyshire, Notinghamshire, etc etc Police Forces

Your licence will have a condition :

The holder of this certificate must without undue delay, inform the Chief Officer of POlice by whom the certificate was granted of any change of permanent address.

Problem is what is your 'permanent address' ?

You will need an approved cabinet (as per normal) which would best be welded to the boat - being in the 'engine hole' may not be acceptable, it would probably need to be in a wardrobe.

Quite a few people do - but generally due to perceptions about shooter / guns its not talked about very much.

Your licence will have a condition :

The holder of this certificate must without undue delay, inform the Chief Officer of POlice by whom the certificate was granted of any change of permanent address.

Problem is what is your 'permanent address' ?

You will need an approved cabinet (as per normal) which would best be welded to the boat - being in the 'engine hole' may not be acceptable, it would probably need to be in a wardrobe.

yep thats a problem, never thought of that, great info on this forum.

will have to just stick with my electric tennis racket for flies to satisfy my blood lust

Edited by TaffyRon

I always use to worry about my guns at home in the empty house, I am only posting this now because I sold them a couple of years ago and have not renewed my certificate. I definitely would not have posted on an open forum that I had them on my boat.

would hate to think of anyone with an axe on their boat

Doctor-Who-Amys-Choice-4.jpg

I always use to worry about my guns at home in the empty house, I am only posting this now because I sold them a couple of years ago and have not renewed my certificate. I definitely would not have posted on an open forum that I had them on my boat.

i havent got them on a boat, i asked if it was possible to have guns on a boat

would hate to think of anyone with an axe on their boat

Doctor-Who-Amys-Choice-4.jpg

i havent got them on a boat, i asked if it was possible to have guns on a boat

I didn't say you had, I just said I wouldn't tell people I had mine on the boat which I did on a couple of occasions.

I didn't say you had, I just said I wouldn't tell people I had mine on the boat which I did on a couple of occasions.

yes, sorry about the misunderstanding, wud be foolish to say you had them anywhere.

theyre ok in the right hands, I got asked for id for glue in homebase the other day, im mid 30s, gave that up when I was 15

yes, sorry about the misunderstanding, wud be foolish to say you had them anywhere.

theyre ok in the right hands, I got asked for id for glue in homebase the other day, im mid 30s, gave that up when I was 15

My daughter has that problem buying drink in a supermarket when she has her 17 year old daughter with her.

I agree

but a golf club in the wrong hands is just as bad

looks like a Battle Axe to me.

In answer to the op question.

Why?

Martyn

up early, saves driving round at 3am with them in the car on way to boat.

yeah, prob best left at home

Edited by TaffyRon

Sorry but that is just not true by any stretch of the imagination.

here we go,

I would have to disagree, but I take it you are coming from a damage point of view, an articulated petrol tanker in the wrong hands is just as bad, no?

are all your breadknives locked away?

I think one or two miss the point.

I basically wanted to know if anyone had done it, and legally most importantly, I didnt want to get into a sperate argument about gun law, I like to think that people are a bit more open minded on the cut

Edited by TaffyRon