BCN Challenge 2015

Dave_P

Featured Posts

And...

9. A vision in pink walking two wolves on the Anglesey branch

10. The male members of my crew running off to find a clue at Chasewater. Meanwhile, Ann quietly walks carefully around the outfall and finds the clue not thirty foot from the boat, six foot from where the pack had been searching.

11. IPA brought from Nuneaton

12. A leisurely wander around the Bradley workshops this morning. It's a fascinating place

Richard

The other members of TTO got back OK in Sue's car. The Moomins are feeling more tired than either have done for a long while, and have gone nowhere except up and down as an endless stream of hireboats goes through our pound at the top of the South Stratford. A bank holiday and half-term have transformed this canal from last week.

I've not had so much fun in a long time. It was a really great experience. Thanks to Richard and Sue for the chance to take part.

MP.

I'm afraid that the famous half-a-can of oil that rescued Tawny, that didn't get given to the green boat, finally went into Atlas to alleviate the growing diesel in the oil problem

Richard

Lots of things got broken on the Monkeyboat.

Poor Monkey. :(

We are all very tired.

Also, had much beer, due to our super well timed arrival before the logjam; giving Braunston rally a run for their money there with that snarl-up!

Edited by Starcoaster

I'm afraid that the famous half-a-can of oil that rescued Tawny, that didn't get given to the green boat, finally went into Atlas to alleviate the growing diesel in the oil problem

Richard

No problem. I think it was API CF or CG, which is rich fare for an old engine, but diluting it with diesel will probably help :)

MP.

Dave and I thoroughly enjoyed our weekend. Thanks Richard and Sue for letting us join TTO.

Maybe we'll be able to do it on Iona again next year - fingers crossed

No problem. I think it was API CF or CG, which is rich fare for an old engine, but diluting it with diesel will probably help :)

MP.

It was either diesel with some oil in, or diesel with damn all oil in. The grade was immaterial at this stage!

Richard

Thanks everyone for a really enjoyable weekend. Looking forward to the banter next week and 'competing' in the next BCN challenge.

I've only boated once or twice for the shear pleasure of it and this weekend has been great fun.

Rob

Huge thanks again to Richard and Sue for letting us crew for team Tawny for a third time. A brilliant weekend with excellent people, lots of laughs, food and of course beer, and I even got to drive! (I think the mattress was a joint effort between me and Smudge though - oops :#) )

Huge thanks again to Richard and Sue for letting us crew for team Tawny for a third time. A brilliant weekend with excellent people, lots of laughs, food and of course beer, and I even got to drive! (I think the mattress was a joint effort between me and Smudge though - oops :#) )

And I have to say that was a cracking bit of steering from you managing the sharp left onto the Walsall Arm in the dark with very limited visibility.

Really enjoyed the weekend, too many experiences to list them, even if the end was chaos, fun chaos.

Nice to finally meet fellow forum members and put faces to names.

Hope Willow(great dane) didn't upset anyone when finally getting off the boat at Bradley.

A special mention to the crew of the little cruiser who helped us out when we picked up the quilt round the prop going up the locks Sunday morning.

Thanks also to Mike the boilerman for waiting patiently for us to finish and finding us a mooring spot at the end, hope the gearbox was worth the wait.

looking forward to next year.

Dave and Louise

Some pictures from Team Tawny Owl.

Mining for bricks on Garrison.

P1030353.JPG

Team monkey stemmed up, and can't believe it as Tawny surges past (we did tow them out.)

P1030370.JPG

Pirate with wolf.

P1030376.JPG

Fishing for trolleys at Ryders Green bottom lock.

P1030390.JPG

MP.