best boat in the cut

Featured Posts

I will tell you a good story two weeks ago i moor up for the night next to brand new boat. the guy came out nice chap looked at my boat and said i started off with a old boat like yours and look what i have got, I looked at him smiled and said what does your boat do that mine dose not he said nothing and went back inside,,,

My first narrowboat was brand new, and each successive boat I've owned has been older than the last.

:)

MtB

Well, My Boat looks up to some of your boats, & looks down on others,

My boat knows it's place,

In true Monty Python Style !

(In my opinion)

That was The Two Ronnies (with John Cleese guesting) wasn't it?!

MtB

My first narrowboat was brand new, and each successive boat I've owned has been older than the last.

smile.png

MtB

MtB

TW3 is more likely

Richard

smile.png

MtB

MtB

Aaaah, quite possibly Now you mention it MtB,

I was probably to busy laughing to notice !.

I will tell you a good story two weeks ago i moor up for the night next to brand new boat. the guy came out nice chap looked at my boat and said i started off with a old boat like yours and look what i have got, I looked at him smiled and said what does your boat do that mine dose not he said nothing and went back inside,,,

Sounds like the guy was just trying to make conversation. Maybe he just wanted to discuss the joys of his first boat with you?

Anyway, you're wrong about the best boat wink.png

I rarely think of Trojan as the best boat on the cut. But just occasionally I contemplate trading her in for a different one. That's when I realise that there isn't really another boat for which I'd want to swop her. So I suppose that means that she's the best one for me.