Adam the Wanderer is innocent!

DaveGood

Featured Posts

Why all this stuff about Adam being a Troll?

I've never met him, don't know anything about him, but I have met others from this forum who have responded to his threads who have cheerfully admitted to me that they have "trolled" here in the past for their own amusement.

I define a troll as someone whose intention is too disrupt and break up or sieze control of an online community in pursuit of personal, political or financial goals.

Adam appears to be a little socially inept, but Betty Boo will would say the same about me.

I view myself as having a short tolerance for rubbish and ignorance, particularly from those claiming to be fully functioning adults who are intellectually and morally my superior.

Adams main fault was to post a compilation of images and videos of vintage and classic boats without giving proper credit to those whose original work it
was.

When this was (rightly) pointed out he got defensive, then forum members threatened to iniate legal action against him.

In essence, all he did was spend hours compiling images and videos in an effort to provide something that would inform and entertain this forum, which is more then I, or most others here, have done for this community.

Give the guy a break.

Regards,

DaveGood

Edited by Grace & Favour
Removed inappropriate language
  • Greenie 1

Certainly "Troll" is a most over-used term on this forum. Which devalues the term for when it might be used on a real internet Troll

The Dog House gave quite clear post about that #175 in "This is my last post......"

I stand by my complaints against Adam, I would be very upset at the use of any photographs of mine (some of which I am very proud) without giving me the courtesy of asking or at the very least crediting. Please note that when he did withdraw the pictures I posted "well done"

Edited by John V

Why all this stuff about Adam being a Troll?

I've never met him, don't know anything about him, but I have met others from this forum who have responded to his threads who have cheerfully admitted to me that they have "trolled" here in the past for their own amusement.

I define a troll as someone whose intention is too disrupt and break up or sieze control of an online community in pursuit of personal, political or financial goals.

Adam appears to be a little socially inept, but Betty Boo will would say the same about me.

I view myself as having a short tolerance for rubbish and ignorance, particularly from those claiming to be fully functioning adults who are intellectually and morally my superior.

Adams main fault was to post a compilation of images and videos of vintage and classic boats without giving proper credit to those whose original work it

was.

When this was (rightly) pointed out he got defensive, then forum members threatened to iniate legal action against him.

In essence, all he did was spend hours compiling images and videos in an effort to provide something that would inform and entertain this forum, which is more then I, or most others here, have done for this community.

Give the guy a break.

Regards,

DaveGood

Greenie for that.

There are a few on here who have achieved the ability to get up their own backsides.....

Edited by Grace & Favour
Edited DaveGood's post

John V.

is it your opinion that your Adam's intention in using your images was to secure financial, politcal or personal advantage? Is it your opinion he acted with malice?

Of course he should have acknowledged where he got these images from, but by not doing so,how he did he hurt you? Unless the loss of a few pence in copyright fees counts.

He should have acknowledged your work, but this is a case of "No harm, no foul."

, and the rest of us here got to enjoy your work.

Regards

DaveGood

John V.

is it your opinion that your Adam's intention in using your images was to secure financial, politcal or personal advantage? Is it your opinion he acted with malice?

Of course he should have acknowledged where he got these images from, but by not doing so,how he did he hurt you? Unless the loss of a few pence in copyright fees counts.

He should have acknowledged your work, but this is a case of "No harm, no foul."

Regards

DaveGood

I think the point was that when the copyright issue was pointed out, he was not quick to accept it. There was a denial that it was "property theft" because "no harm was done". A bit like folk who drop litter - doesn't matter because "they" will clear it up, or those who steal from a large organisation because "they" can afford it and won't miss it.

Half of my above post vanished somehow between me writing it and it getting posted.

If people here want to start a thread about how, what and which corporations own and contol the flow of information through the internet, that's a discussion for elsewhere, not here.

As far as I'm concerned, it it is clear to me Adam meant no harm, intended no malice, and spent hours putting together something we might find both interesting and informative.

Regards

DaveGood.

• Greenie 1

I think the point was that when the copyright issue was pointed out, he was not quick to accept it. There was a denial that it was "property theft" because "no harm was done". A bit like folk who drop litter - doesn't matter because "they" will clear it up, or those who steal from a large organisation because "they" can afford it and won't miss it.

. I really don't think cutting and pasting a few pictures that are already free to view on line is quite as serious as stealing or even littering and though we can all hide behind our masks of perfection whilst online I,m sure in reality the majority of us have done far worse than this ,so let's just give someone the benefit of the doubt and move on after all he done it because he thought people on here might like to see it not to piss everyone off and get them shouting from there soap box,s

John V.

Regards

DaveGood

No I do not think he acted out of malice nor for personal gain but he was wrong and when he failed to correct, after it being pointed out to him, he compounded that. Incidentally as far as I am aware there were none of my images posted by him.

Several of my images are posted and available to view, and anyone who wishes is free to copy them or re-post them but I expect an acknowledgement that they are my work and not be passed off as the property of someone else.

regards John

John V,

Go back and read your own post. Any reasonable person reading that would understand that you had stated Adam used your work without your approval.

Now your stating otherwise.

Let me get this clear, someone you have never met, had no contact with you, never "used" any of your work, was to be left "twisting in the wind" as someone who cheated you out of recognition?

He intended no harm. He seems to have put in hours of time and effort to provide something he hopes People here will find entertaining, useful, and instructive.

But your post implied he had, in some way, cheated you.

Regards

DaveGood

Wrong..Very wrong ....I have a lot of pictures out there somewhere, people are free to view or use. I am very proud of some of my photographs and to have some one, in effect, steal them by claiming them as their own would both upset and anger me.

This was my original post on the subject please note the word would

If you were talking about my first post in this thread, please note the same word would appears as well

If you don't understand what I mean I'll paraphrase....if someone was to do the same to images of mine I would be upset that I had not been credited....

No I do not think he acted out of malice nor for personal gain but he was wrong and when he failed to correct, after it being pointed out to him, he compounded that. Incidentally as far as I am aware there were none of my images posted by him.

Several of my images are posted and available to view, and anyone who wishes is free to copy them or re-post them but I expect an acknowledgement that they are my work and not be passed off as the property of someone else.

regards John

John V,

Go back and read your own post. Any reasonable person reading that would understand that you had stated Adam used your work without your approval.

Now your stating otherwise.

Let me get this clear, someone you have never met, had no contact with you, never "used" any of your work, was to be left "twisting in the wind" as someone who cheated you out of recognition?

He intended no harm. He seems to have put in hours of time and effort to provide something he hopes People here will find entertaining, useful, and instructive.

But your post implied he had, in some way, cheated you.

Regards

DaveGood

I just have

No I implied that he cheated someone

regards John V

Have I got this right? I have often found pics on the web, and posted them into this forum. ,,,and I will continue to do so......and if the "owner" of such pics gets his knickers in a knot, he can jolly well send me an email, and I will then remove them...and anyone who calls me a troll for doing so, can PM me and complain to their heart's content smile.png

rant over.

ps..here's a pic.

fatcat-Q.gif

Edited by DeanS

clapping.gifclapping.gif

I've looked at that picture for at least 3 or 4 minutes now,,I love the expression on the cats face, it just makes me smile...

I think you should fuzz it's face though to protect it's identity until permission is given.

Look at the problem the milkmen had from the fury mafia.

cheers.gif

Have I got this right? I have often found pics on the web, and posted them into this forum. ,,,and I will continue to do so......and if the "owner" of such pics gets his knickers in a knot, he can jolly well send me an email, and I will then remove them...and anyone who calls me a troll for doing so, can PM me and complain to their heart's content smile.png

rant over.

ps..here's a pic.

fatcat-Q.gif

No you don't have it right DeanS.

You haven't posted this on your own youtube channel and implied (if not outright claimed) this video was all your own work.

That's what infringed the Copyright belonging to the real owners of the images Adam copied.

MtB