PLEASE HELP Bulldog stolen from Barby area today

Starcoaster

Featured Posts

Sadly, dog theft has a more sinister reason, they want pets to be used as "bait" for up and coming fighting dogs, its happening

. This is both a bit of an old wife's tell and also not what someone who,s had there dog stolen want to hear , ask yourself this if you were involved in the much hated and slightly illegal sport of dogfighting would you A steal someone's much loved pet and bring the attentions of a nationwide search on yourself or B walk into any dog shelter in the country were 40 percent of abandoned dogs are bull terriers and just claim one without any risk ? As I said before the quickest way to get a stolen dog back is by offering a financial reward .people don't steal for fun it's usually for money

No news yet, we went to Yelvertoft earlier as someone reported a Staffie wandering loose- wrong breed, right colours, but no go.

Could be a mistake - someone could have glanced and thought it was a Staffie?

While this is true, its the last thing someone with a missing dog wants to be reminded off! Bit insensitive to bring it up I think. :(

I am sure that Starry knows the possible reasons why this dog has been stolen and she will have considered all possibilities and conveyed them to the owner so lets not get too self righteous about possible motives for his theft....I jumped to the same conclusion too earlier in the thread........

However it would seem that pet and dog theft in this country is driven by breeding and also selling on over the internet.

So for me a starting point would be Gumtree, and breeding web sites that is where the scrotes who steal and sell their stolen dogs seem to ply their trade........

Edited by The Dog House

I am sure that Starry knows the possible reasons why this dog has been stolen and she will have considered all possibilities and conveyed them to the owner so lets not get too self righteous about possible motives for his theft....I jumped to the same conclusion too earlier in the thread........

However it would seem that pet and dog theft in this country is driven by breeding and also selling on over the internet.

So for me a starting point would be eBay and Gumtree, that is where the scrotes who steal and sell their stolen dogs seem to ply their trade........

Im not being self righteous about anything and I have not jumped to any conclusions. I have no idea why the dog has been stolen, but I can guess at the various reasons.

I simply said that such a comment was insensitive in the circumstances and not really helpful in recovering the dog.

• Greenie 1

Im not being self righteous about anything and I have not jumped to any conclusions. I have no idea why the dog has been stolen, but I can guess at the various reasons.

I simply said that such a comment was insensitive in the circumstances and not really helpful in recovering the dog.

And I acknowledged my earlier comment in the thread was possibly insensitive too......what would you like a medal or one of Paul's donoughts?

I know that a lot are stolen (especially if un-neutered) to be used for breeding - i know how we were (and many others who lose pets) feeling the night Simba wasn't home and I wouldn't wish that on anyone - i have tweeted '& FB and shall continue to do so until he is,home - tell your friends Kia Kaha (Stay Strong) Star

And I acknowledged my earlier comment in the thread was possibly insensitive too......what would you like a medal or one of Paul's donoughts?

Well done you!

I dont require a medal or a donut thanks.... be nice if you stopped talking to me thou as Im finding you a tad agressive, possibly cos you feel guilty for your insensitive comment that I had not even noticed! :)

Thanks Martin, I know that as you know my work history, you know me well enough to say that I will be aware of the particularly shady shit and have already considered it.

Sorry for the snapping. I have been up a very long time, and am what the papers call "tired and emotional," but what the Starcoaster calls “damn this gin is good.”

Firstly, thank you everyone for your support, and all the shares and passing the word on.

So we did a lot yesterday in terms of getting word out, lots of re-posts etc., on Facebook, Twitter etc.

The little veterinary clinic I locum in and vets local to the area have all spread the word too.

We joined Dog Lost, Bulldog sites and groups, all sorts.

This morning, I got up bloody early (for me) and we turned my boat into the War Room, designing a poster, taking calls, calling kennels, browsing pet classifieds, Gumtree, Craigslist, you name it, for male bulldogs or stud dogs.

Part way through we got a call of a loose Staffy on the towpath at Yelvertoft; wrong breed but right colour, so we raced out to take a punt.

Walked the towpath both ways for ages, spoke to lots of people, two of whom had seen the dog and were sure it was a Staffy, and not the dog in the pic. We didn’t see any dog at all, so came back.

More phoning, searching, posting, enquiries from mates if there was any word etc., telling the fraught and worried sick boy that NO he could not smoke, NO, he could not have more than one sugar in his coffee, and NO, two ice creams and a bounty do not constitute a nutritious breakfast, we had nothing. Got the posters printed off, and the boy went off to put them out everywhere.

Nothing. We are as sure as can be that he was taken in a car, but we have still tried obvious things like asking at every stop within two miles if they have a bitch in heat and had a bulldog hanging around, just to cover the bases.

There has not been a single sighting or clue as to where he has been for over 24 hours now.

We think (based on our own logical deductions, no evidence) that it is likely that Hugo has been taken out of town, either to Coventry or possibly even Birmingham. If he is being sold openly or put to stud, we will find him sooner or later. We are as sure as can be that he is not on a boat.

I am now torn between thinking one of three things:

Some dozy twat just liked the look of him, and took him for a pet.

Junkies or targeting thieves took him to ransom for a reward (this is a thing, Google it)

He might be used for fighting or something else underground where lost dogs disappear from public view into.

Funnily enough, Google didn’t even give me a sponsored ad for “dog fights in your area,” so I have no idea where to start with that one.

**Edit, PS., I have been advised that Hugo is what is known as an "Olde Tyme Bulldog," which accounts for some of his similarities to the American.

Edited by Starcoaster