BBC1. Happy valley Drama

bigcol

Featured Posts

1 Happy valley is a TV series.

2 it featured a break in of a boat

3 the OP was enquiring if any body knew the boat in the scenes they filmed

Edited by The Dog House

I'm pretty sure the canal scenes were filmed about a mile out of Hebden Bridge towards Todmorden. The galvanised fencing looked like the one that separates the towpath from the sewerage works.

Not too far from the CM'ers commune, with their vegetable gardens, and collection of canalside sheds and huts. Possibly where they borrowed the boats from ?

So who's boat did they use to break in, and steal.

Shows how easy it is and quick

If the boatowner has left a windlass lying around in the cratch and if the padlock hasp just happens to have a great bend in it so there is room to slip the windlass handle in behind!!

Did I see Cygnet of this forum slip by in the background!

Did I see Cygnet of this forum slip by in the background!

You did! If you recognised me from that brief appearance you are very observant! I was moored for five days at Luddendenfoot, between Mytholmroyd and Sowerby Bridge, to achieve that 2 seconds of fame. The broken-into boat was supplied by Nigel Stevens of Shire Cruisers, who had recently bought it to renovate it as a hire boat. The other 4 boats belonged to fellow-moorers at Sowerby Bridge.

I'm told by Mrs Mac, who followed the whole drama, that it was very gripping, but I'm afraid I only watched some of the last episode tonight. Not my cup of tea. Most of the money I received has just gone on my licence fee.

I'm pretty sure the canal scenes were filmed about a mile out of Hebden Bridge towards Todmorden. The galvanised fencing looked like the one that separates the towpath from the sewerage works.

Not too far from the CM'ers commune, with their vegetable gardens, and collection of canalside sheds and huts. Possibly where they borrowed the boats from ?

When was this? Not there when I went past. We're these vegetable gardens and sheds on the towpath or are you getting confused with privately owned Long Term Moorings

When was this? Not there when I went past. We're these vegetable gardens and sheds on the towpath or are you getting confused with privately owned Long Term Moorings

It was there last year. And the year before. Pretty hard to miss!

If we are talking about the same ones I was told they are Privately owned Long Term Moorings

Guess Mac will know

This is the Callis 'gardens'. I'm not quite sure of their status now, but they originated in the hippy 70s when the canal was owned by the Rochdale Canal Company and licences and mooring fees were unheard of. (Most of) the boats are now licenced, but as to administration of mooring, I don't know. It is on the towpath side, so I don't see how it can be privately owned, but I think the council are involved somehow. There is a long thread about Callis and Hebden here .

There is not much I watch on tv apart from Eastenders/Corrie and Hollyoaks, but I was hooked on Happy Valley.

At the end of the 3rd or 4th episode where she finds the girl in the basement, about 5 mins after the credits went up I realised I was still sat with my mouth wide open in shock. I can't remember a TV programme ever doing that to me before.

This series contained some superb acting performances and I wouldn't be surprised to see (at least) Sarah Lancashire nominated for a BAFTA.

They were moored and filmed near mythholmroyd/luddenden a couple of months back, my mate organised the boats from sowerby marina. Yes it was an empty shell specially fitted out in a scruffy manner.

For anybody who likes Sarah Lancashire try 'Last Tango in Halifax'.

We have just completed the first series on Netflix and got the second on DVD to watch.

Very entertaining.

I was being slightly facetious when I used the term CM'ers!

There are some long established moorings on the towpath side to which the normal rules don't seem to apply. They have been there many years, with a collection of assorted timber sheds and log stores. The latest addition was being used as a crèche recently.

There are also a few clapped out camper vans

There are some long established moorings on the towpath side to which the normal rules don't seem to apply. They have been there many years, with a collection of assorted timber sheds and log stores. The latest addition was being used as a crèche recently.

There is a clapped out camper van, sheds and plants growing on our LTM. Along with some log stores.

Some of the boats are less than shiny too.......

Ok so not CMers and by normal rules I presume you mean your rules?

Ok so not CMers and by normal rules I presume you mean your rules?

Not at all, this "community" has been there a long time, possibly before the '95 act. As Mac said in his post it has some exceptional status, and what we would generally accept as being the "normal rules" do not seem to apply.