Thank you S H Hudson

Tuscan

Featured Posts

Having jointly agreed it was Wednesday today to discover at 10am it was Thursday we set off from Alvercote, went down the Glascote two and accross the Aquaduct over the River Tame, when large bang and grinding sound , no forward motion and rudder hardly moved.

Discovered I had a bike wheel round the prop and frame it was attached to jammed between prop and rudder. After trying to shift it walked back to Hudsons to check dry dock. Unfortunately latest coat of bitumen going on however they offered to lend me a strong lad with hack saw who if all else failed would help pull us the mile back to their base where we would camp until Tuesday.

We managed to undo one of the wheel nuts then using ropes separate wheel from frame , then cut through wheel. Cheers Del and thank you Hudsons.

Set off towards Fradley when with a crunch we grounded on a the base of a fibre glass dingy , next to what appeared to be an abandoned boat, nearly an hour of swearing moving Aber and our new hull back and forward and it broke and we drifted free. Just as there was the most amazing thunder clap and the heavens opened couldn't get to the side so ploughed on to Hopwas.

Completely soaked, stressed, and knackered but somehow still enjoying the adventure.

Hopefully Hudson's staff used the opportunity to see what an actual rivet really looks like!

Actually the guy was impressed by our fit out, but to be fair they were really helpfull. Most of the guys were out moving boats to Crick I think.

Its lovely to hear that there are knights in shining armour still around, my big worry is when I will be cruising that immovable object around prop will attach.

What an awful day for you, hope you relaxed with suitable glass of whatever.