Sally Ash to Retire

junior

Featured Posts

No I'm not going to name people. I am surprised you expect me to.

If court action has taken place then this is a matter of public record. Are you saying that examples definitely exist but you feel it inappropriate to cite them? Are you in possession of privileged information?

If court action has taken place then this is a matter of public record. Are you saying that examples definitely exist but you feel it inappropriate to cite them? Are you in possession of privileged information?

Yes

Does anyone have a list of CRT's revocations of licences, or know even roughly how many there have been, ideally broken down by year and/or area? If someone lurks around in a non-compliant fashion in a less popular area, keeping a low profile by not obstructing navigation or facilities, would CRT just turn a blind eye?

No I'm not going to name people. I am surprised you expect me to.

So basically, the sub total of your case is that you claim that people have been "evicted" who would now be regarded as compliant, but you are not prepared to advance an iota of actual evidence to support that claim.

CRT publish a list of court orders. All you need to do is tell us which of those would be regarded as compliant now.

In the absence of anything to substantiate your claim, might I suggest that you are talking crap.

Who brought in the hideous mooring auctions?

most of this thread seems very sycophantic. We found Sally Ash arrogant, ignorant, unsympathetic and tactless when in 2007 we ttried to keep our place near the top of awaiting list for a mooring when the autcions started suddenly. We had to take a marina mooringmuch further away instead in the end which was very inconvenient and mainly because of that our boat is now on longterm loan to friends. It was (and still is) a disgrace. I am glad she has decided to go, not before time. We won't miss her.

jonno22, on 03 Apr 2014 - 3:08 PM, said:

most of this thread seems very sycophantic. We found Sally Ash arrogant, ignorant, unsympathetic and tactless when in 2007 we ttried to keep our place near the top of awaiting list for a mooring when the autcions started suddenly. We had to take a marina mooringmuch further away instead in the end which was very inconvenient and mainly because of that our boat is now on longterm loan to friends. It was (and still is) a disgrace. I am glad she has decided to go, not before time. We won't miss her.

Most of the people who seem to have difficulties with Sally seem to be the people who wanted to break to sort of rule or stipulation by CRT, perhaps if she had just capitulated each and every time people wanted something she wasn't in a position to grant them perhaps she would have been popular with even the naysayers.....

Hmm,

so, the new system is a disgrace, merely because it doesn't suit you.

It would appear that in 2007, you were close to securing a mooring at a price that was significantly less than that mooring was actually worth, but the system changed, such that moorings went to whoever was prepared to pay for it.

How is that wrong?

• Greenie 1

So it's Sally's fault that you didn't get your way and that makes her ignorant, in your book. It also sounds like she refused to give in to your demands, so that must be where arrogant, unsympathetic and tactless come in. My gawd you are a whiney little ME! ME! ME! person aren't you.

Mayalld seems to hit the nail on the head with his assessment of the situation. The whole system changed and so your plans for a cheap mooring went kaput and that's somehow Sally's fault?

Seriously, you sound like a very spoiled person. That may not be the case, however, that is how you appear with your snarky remarks and vague references to things that went wrong. If you have a legitimate gripe about a real injustice, this is a good place to air your grievance, in sufficient detail for people to judge for themselves who was right and who was wrong. Calling someone names just because they didn't kowtow to your desires really doesn't pass muster, and makes you appear to be the idiot in the affair.

Edited by Paul G2
Language

I am no fan of the auction system as IMO it can exclude those that do not have a lot of money making some LTM's exclusive. Having said that a lot of boaters were at the top of waiting lists and then just bid on their LTM I have always felt soe LTM's should have been made available to those that could not afford the new prices

we had been on the waiting list for some time in good faith,we were abiding by the rules as they were at the time and not trying to change them to siut ourselves. Then system was changed by Sally Ash wothout any warning or consultation. Just bumped off the lists without a by your leave. Astonishing.

I do like your word "snarky" - I guess a portmanteau word combining "sarky" and "snide". is it your own invention?

I think I remember it from my childhood

Edited by Bazza2

Hmm,

so, the new system is a disgrace, merely because it doesn't suit you.

It would appear that in 2007, you were close to securing a mooring at a price that was significantly less than that mooring was actually worth, but the system changed, such that moorings went to whoever was prepared to pay for it.

How is that wrong?

So it's Sally's fault that you didn't get your way and that makes her ignorant, in your book. It also sounds like she refused to kiss your snarky arse, so that must be where arrogant, unsympathetic and tactless come in. My gawd you are a whiney little ME! ME! ME! person aren't you.

Mayalld seems to hit the nail on the head with his assessment of the situation. The whole system changed and so your plans for a cheap mooring went kaput and that's somehow Sally's fault?

Seriously, you sound like some spoiled, malicious little twat. That may not be the case, however, that is how you appear with your snarky remarks and vague references to things that went wrong. If you have a legitimate gripe about a real injustice, this is a good place to air your grievance, in sufficient detail for people to judge for themselves who was right and who was wrong. Calling someone names just because they didn't kowtow to your desires really doesn't pass muster, and makes you appear to be the idiot in the affair.

we had been on the waiting list for some time in good faith,we were abiding by the rules as they were at the time and not trying to change them to siut ourselves. Then system was changed by Sally Ash wothout any warning or consultation. Just bumped off the lists without a by your leave. Astonishing.

So it's Sally's fault that you didn't get your way and that makes her ignorant, in your book. It also sounds like she refused to kiss your snarky arse, so that must be where arrogant, unsympathetic and tactless come in. My gawd you are a whiney little ME! ME! ME! person aren't you.

Seriously, you sound like some spoiled, malicious little twat. That may not be the case, however, that is how you appear with your snarky remarks and vague references to things that went wrong. If you have a legitimate gripe about a real injustice, this is a good place to air your grievance, in sufficient detail for people to judge for themselves who was right and who was wrong. Calling someone names just because they didn't kowtow to your desires really doesn't pass muster, and makes you appear to be the idiot in the affair.

Some of the language in this post malicious as well.....

jonno22, on 03 Apr 2014 - 3:43 PM, said:

Which is a reasonable point - however inevitably it would leave people just below the top aggrieved because they were not allowed to have them at the 'old' prices, how far down the list do you go? no matter what CRT had done they still would have left somebody aggrieved at how the new system was introduced.....

ed quoted wrong person.

Edited by The Dog House

So basically, the sub total of your case is that you claim that people have been "evicted" who would now be regarded as compliant, but you are not prepared to advance an iota of actual evidence to support that claim.

CRT publish a list of court orders. All you need to do is tell us which of those would be regarded as compliant now.

In the absence of anything to substantiate your claim, might I suggest that you are talking crap.

I might suggest I have better things to do as we move out of our house on Monday

I do like your word "snarky" - I guess a portmanteau word combining "sarky" and "snide". is it your own invention?

Gosh, I don't think so. I'm pretty sure I've seen or heard it used before. (Actually, truth be told, the simple fact is I'm too much of a dullard to be that creative.)