Really?

Naughty Cal

Featured Posts

Here on the Lancaster moored up at Garstang a boater ran his engine at 5am until 6.30am and then after he'd woken everyone decided to move on!...WHY?

We have had worse than that at Grimsby !

You have a four hour window each tide there to get out free if charge. This particular day that worked out as 4am to 8am.

A big boat behind us fires up at 3.30am we think nothing of it it will be gone in 30 minutes! The engines by the way were very very loud.

Two hours later it is still there! WTF!

Liam heads out to investigate. This chap is preparing for his departure at. 7.30am!

Ahh Androo because they have no regard for anyone but themselves.

My anecdote regarding the same issue...

Visitor moorings in a village, boats parked nose to tail, beautiful summer evening.

Guy in front runs his engine.. 9pm, well he may have a problem, 10pm, I am getting a bit antsy.

10.15 I go and knock on his window. Whoa, a really angry man appeared berating me, "don't you touch my boat!!"

He was not at all concerned about the black smoke belching from his rear end, for hours on end resulting in his neighbours having to stay indoors with windows shut on a lovely summers night.

Nowt as queer as folk.

Here on the Lancaster moored up at Garstang a boater ran his engine at 5am until 6.30am and then after he'd woken everyone decided to move on!...WHY?

And not far away from there, in Lancaster city centre, after several of the moorings close to accommodation had been withdrawn due to noise/ anti-social behaviour complaints, one of the offenders moved to the opposite side and continued to run his engine until 10pm every night despite being challenged by other boaters. The ultimate two fingers up to everybody and to hell with the consequences. We will always have a job on our hands to be welcomed in residential areas as long as inconsiderate idiots like this are around (and, worryingly, they seem to be increasing in number).

Will be mooring at Black Jacks next Saturday night, (WHH Xmas dinner at the Orchard up the lane) I hope he is still there with engine running. I will push him up to Copper Mill with the new 90HP Cummins with turbo in new/old Bantam. Currently being fine tuned for Ricky.

Damn - and I'm not going to Ricky this year! Turbo Bantam - cool.png

I always try to be polite and considerate until someone is unearthed as a tool and TVVVat (ie, the polite knock and request is aggresively answered) . Then I consider other actions such as turning their engine off myself, or blocking exhaust etc.

Coming up Braunston today, someone (mb Moonraker(?) - blue - light blue roof) has taken the lock landing below lock 4 as their mooring (chimney smoking so obviously aboard ) . had no choice other than to moor alongside and climb along the gunnels.- this is far more/moor annoying than a bloody engine running.

Ah well. There are definitely times that I wish I was very muscular and scary. I'd provide a free service, to the noise-sensitive around the waterways, and frighten the selfish tw@ts off into the sticks, where the 8-8 rule doesn't apply (if they aren't bothering anyone).

Even in the sticks, I don't like running noisy stuff after wine o'clock. I don't even like my OWN noise!

Good luck.

My preference is to never ever moor anywhere near other boats as because if it isn't already then its odds on that they will very soon start up their wretched engine or generator and have it droning away for ages. If some one comes along and moors next to me (groan) :( obviously for security reasons then that's fine by me as long as they don't start running engines, despite the 8 to 8 rule. Once upon a time nobody had heard of the 8 to 8 rule as it was very rare for boats to restart engines after cruising and mooring up and if some one needed to would out of courtesy ask their neighbours if it was ok despite an 8 to 8 rule. Its the sly quilty hand that slyly and slowly pops out from a door to start the thing up and then rapidly withdraws that bugs me. Woops, I forgot to switch my engine off. :blush:

remind me not to moor near you Edited by RockSodem