Vacuum pack bags

wullie

Featured Posts

I recently got some cheap from Wilkinson's to try. I must say as I have never used before I was quite impressed. Even more so when an unexpected amount of water appeared under the bed, which would have ruined bedding etc. All I needed to do was wipe the bags off, job done.clapping.gif

:) moi adores vacuum bags ( moi gets them from home bargains )..when my boat sank moi lost nearly everything..except my clothes which were packed in these bags :) yes they were covered in mud and grime and moi thought ' oh fiddlesticks ' but when moi cleared the bags up..Ureka all my clothes were still in immaculate condition ( moi as most know lol has ocd ) they didn't smell and moi didn't need to re wash again. Moi would never be without some of these bags in store.
  • Greenie 1

I've found it's luck of the draw, whether they hold or not.

We use them inside lidded plastic storage boxes, to reduce the overall volume, then if they leak, the volume is controlled by the box.

Bod

We use them inside lidded plastic storage boxes, to reduce the overall volume, then if they leak, the volume is controlled by the box.

Bod

Exactly the same for us.

They're jolly good!

Bob

Glenda ordered some online that were a little more expensive but come with a strong bag, you suck the air out then drop the vacuum bags into the strong bag which has hold down straps inside, which help the vacuum bag hold the pressure and the outer bag protects them from ripping. So far, so good.

I'll ask Glenda for the link and post it here soon.

Bod

Great name for your boat Bod! Cwch is Welsh for boat (as I'm sure that you were already aware!) so if you have a 'T'ea in it, you'll make it into a Cw'T'ch which is a cuddle in Welsh! cheers.gif

I know, people keep telling me! Twp I am!

Aww..diolch chop you..sweet cariad ...moi should be back from working in market harborough on the 5th, and moi will wander up and finally meet up with you and your goodlady, after moi has popped into the cafe in the hope that Scott has made some more scrummy scones :)

I have noticed that vacuum bags are used a lot on boats, we use them at home with mixed results, most do not hold vacuum very long, what bags would forum members recommend ?

We originally got some from QVC. Some split due to mishandling but one is still going after 6 yrs.

cheaper ones fron Argis, Wilkos, home Bargains etc are more susecbtible tk mishandling damage and if you are careless di not last long.

Look for ones with tough looking calves and thicker plastic. Do not try ti reshape when vacuumated or vacuumating. Handle like eggs and you should be ok.

But even when they have lost their vacuum, it still keeps out the damp and dirt except when split.

I think this was the type Glenda has started using :-

Spacebag link

Will check and correct it if need be.

Tree, I'll be back off tour on Wednesday but I start a six week tour on the 6th, so will prob go back to prepare the bus etc. around 4th or 5th.

Our butty is due it's safety in April so got Loddon coming down to sort our electrics out next week.

I think this was the type Glenda has started using :-

Spacebag link

Will check and correct it if need be.

Tree, I'll be back off tour on Wednesday but I start a six week tour on the 6th, so will prob go back to prepare the bus etc. around 4th or 5th.

Our butty is due it's safety in April so got Loddon coming down to sort our electrics out next week.

Not to worry moi sure to catch up with two sometime in the coming months for a cuppa, and moi will bring cake :)

I've been wondering why it is that when you extract the air from the bag it then weighs heavier than with the air in. Anyone got any ideas ?

Ann

Think about a ballon. The ballon itself always weights the same, but with air in it there is lift and it spreads the weight over a larger area.

Think about a ballon. The ballon itself always weights the same, but with air in it there is lift and it spreads the weight over a larger area.

No possible usjng air. The balloon has a mass. You fill it with air under pressure. The air under pressure in the balloon has a higher mass than uncompressed air outside the balloon. It therefore sinks. Hot air balloons work because the watm air inside has a lower mass than the cold air outside the ebvelope and it therefore develops lift.

The childs balloon does seem to float because of air resistance due to a larger surface area and a little aerodynamics

Great name for your boat Bod! Cwch is Welsh for boat (as I'm sure that you were already aware!) so if you have a 'T'ea in it, you'll make it into a Cw'T'ch which is a cuddle in Welsh! cheers.gif

I know, people keep telling me! Twp I am!

Tis the standard greeting:-

"How do you pronouce that?"

"Cwch. Its welsh for boat"

Sometimes "Ahh Cuddles"

Then we know their from South Wales!

Occasionally we get greeted in Welsh, but as neither of us speak it, we respond in english!

How the boat got the name we don't know, it was Walrus at first!

Bod