Dispute at Pillings

andy the hammer

Featured Posts

Yes he is posting on other Facebook sites warning boaters about an eBay scam , where fake boats are advertised and looking for a deposit before viewing. A recurring scam.

I assume CRT might publish about this marina scam where marinas sign a contract for payment and collect monies.................Sorry couldn't resist and I sure this is not the case.

One of the puzzles here is that Paul Lillie seems to be there with the explicit approval and support of Mr Steadman. Someone as sharp as Mr Steadman cannot fail to be aware of his nature, personality and behaviour, therefore I are driven to conclude he has no intention of sacking him as a director or he would have done long ago. In addition, I am also driven to conclude that the outcome of this episode is not important to Mr Steadman or he would be intervening. Some far bigger plan or end game exists.

I think we need to remind ourselves that for the most part we have been read only one half of the description regarding PL. There is obviously another side to the story. There has been nothing mentioned about high staff turnover or large numbers of boaters leaving because of him. Nevertheless, I suspect Mr Steadman will have to "let PL go" if the marina is to obtain a new NAA. From what I have read to date it appears Mr Steadman has been able to distance himself from the whole mess and has a position as "the secured creditor".

Having just come on line and seen the Cliftomo post i can confirm it stinks of Paul Lillie's style and therefore likely it is actually Paul Lillie!

Edited by the grammar school teacher i'd guess.

Well done Peter X for spotting this as well.

Maybe the lack of PLM berth holder input on here as suggested (i've identified several posters though) is down to that most of them are lumbered by the situation .

I quote.. PL once said to me on the phone during an argument over the £1 post surcharge.." i can make things very awkward for you if you continue with your attitude".

Things will i'm sure change if /when moorers have to leave!!..

Edited by Dangerous Dave

No idea really.

A shot in the dark - possibly there are five HMRC tax offices or districts involved. I guess one would be VAT and the other four might be the tax districts of different directors? The zero amounts might be another way of saying 'to be advised'?

It always used to be the case that the tax district for PAYE purposes was assigned to the company, not the individual. Were this not to be the case, then end-tax years reporting would be horrendous. I also think it improbable that the Statement of Affairs, which is meant to show the total sum owed to each creditor would be considered valid were any sums owed to HMRC to be shown as zero.

I don't see any homophobia in that comment.

Janet

EmmaB said "homephobia". The o and e keys are nowhere near each other on the keyboard (no fat finger syndrome) so perhaps there was some irony intended?..........

wink.png

Not raving irony of course........

I'll thank you to keep your homephobia to yourself.

Making a casual remark about some guy scheduling a vacation with his boyfriend, in the context that there is a perfectly good reason for said scheduling, is about the least homophobic thing a person could possibly say.

As Bugs would say, "What a maroon!"

At the risk of displeasing Cliftoma, that is one of the funniest things said so far in this thread - almost as funny as someone alleging very early on that PL was going to "tear the a*se out of the company".........

clapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.giflaugh.pnglaugh.png

If PL's "life partner" is a teacher, it's more likely the trip to the sun would have been booked a while ago to take advantage of the half-term holiday.

I'll thank you to keep your homephobia to yourself.

What homophobia?

Perhaps EmmaB was objecting to the original commenters username combined with "tear the arse out of..."

Or maybe the term "life partner" is now considered unPC for homesexual/lesbian couples & can only be used when talking about heterosexual couples, words meanings change so quick these days

emoticon-0181-fubar.gif

Perhaps EmmaB was objecting to the original commenters username combined with "tear the arse out of..."

Or maybe the term "life partner" is now considered unPC for homesexual/lesbian couples & can only be used when talking about heterosexual couples, words meanings change so quick these days

emoticon-0181-fubar.gif

Like it clapping.gif but Swallow is actually the name of our shared ownership boat!!!!! icecream.gif

emoticon-0181-fubar.gif

Yes i assumed that after a while...Better put the cap on this now ..I can hear the LCC Police helicopter starting up!

emoticon-0181-fubar.gif

I was brunged up and taught that a Phobia was to be scared of summat. I aint afraid of no goats.

Having just come on line and seen the Cliftomo post i can confirm it stinks of Paul Lillie's style and therefore likely it is actually Paul Lillie!

Edited by the grammar school teacher i'd guess.

Well done Peter X for spotting this as well.

Yes Dave, I didn't directly say so because I noticed the grammar is much better than the page 3 rant, though still not of a standard which would have impressed my old English teacher. I really don't want to become one of those people who dissects grammar and spelling in forums (OK then: the Latin plural is fora but I think forums is acceptable in English) as long as the intended meaning is clear, but it's relevant to try to identify whether Cliftoma=Paul Lillie. It's likely but not really proven.

Separately from the above, the question of whether the liquidator really has the power to terminate any commercial lease held by PLM, or under what circumstances, troubles me. As with housing, it's fair enough to give notice to end a short-term rental, but It seems unjust that a business could buy a long lease from a landlord only to see it confiscated. Not so unjust if both are controlled by the same holding company! Can anyone point me to evidence about this, e.g. the relevant law or case?

No? Try it yourself. Refer to your husband, boyfriend, life partner, whatever as "life partner" and then explain which of these usages applies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quotation_mark

As I wrote (even if I misspelt the word) I find this indicative of homophobia.

Well I'm sorry - but you're clearly completely wrong. Stop digging. There was absolutely no homophobia intended or written, and you're the one who seems to be intent on creating conflict here. Please stop it.

You mean simply the addition of inverted commas around the words.

It is an interesting observation and a fair point

However, the quote marks may be simply picking up on what someone else used as a descriptive term by an individual who is unsure of the correct terminology

In fact if you go back in this yarn (no longer a thread its too big) you will probably find the term used before and this quote thing is most likely not offensive in this context.

However it certainly could be if there was no previous context

Imo

Back to topic (!) does anyone else see the possible significance in the recently up for sale holiday floating flat/boat "envisage"?

The gossip going back to last Spring is that the owner of the boat was a lady connected to the PL fan club..

My assumption is that if this is true she is cashing in on her investment(?).