Living on a narrowboat on Jeremy Vine BBC radio 2

Chop!

Featured Posts

Well I quite perversely enjoyed it. Even though I think JV is a twat and the show he presents is a right load of triumph dolomite I still enjoyed it. None of my work mates are aware of my livaboard status or indeed of the fact I own a boat, infact for coming upto a year now I have managed to keep my little secret all to myself. So as everyone listened to the tit intently and shared their views I was able to nod and laugh without imparting even a whisper of the truth of real life on the cut.

Vine is well over 6 foot tall - probably nearer 6 1/2.

Steve Wright? good ? what. Wright is a complete empty headed, self gratifying numpty who cannot resist talking or singing over records during his tired old show format. Factoids? twit.

Funny, he speaks highly of you....

Funny, he speaks highly of you....

He doesn't like music, his innane babbling over records shows that.

"Love the show" repeated every two seconds.

Lots of whooping and clapping each other.

"Hand up everyone who is ............" is out of a childs junior school.

The "posse" talking about nothing at all - in a childish binary fashion.

Insincere rubbish trying to get a gag.

Guests just on to promote their show - while he repeats questions provided by researchers on a list. He can't even read properly as he is always getting words wrong.

Factoids - may or may not be true - what's the point?

Is there any redeeming feature of this show?

Well, I like the Jeremy Vine programme and find it quite informative, in spite of the fact that he usually covers four subjects within a very short time frame.

The subject of, choosing to live on a narrow boat because the housing ladder has become almost impossible to get on, was well covered in what was probably less than 15 minutes. The conclusion to be drawn by anyone with little or no knowledge of boats was that, maybe, it isn't such a good idea after all.

The one question that I was waiting for but didn't get asked was.............Isn't it cold in the Winter?

Keith

Well, I like the Jeremy Vine programme and find it quite informative, in spite of the fact that he usually covers four subjects within a very short time frame.

The subject of, choosing to live on a narrow boat because the housing ladder has become almost impossible to get on, was well covered in what was probably less than 15 minutes. The conclusion to be drawn by anyone with little or no knowledge of boats was that, maybe, it isn't such a good idea after all.

The one question that I was waiting for but didn't get asked was.............Isn't it cold in the Winter?

Keith

To be fair Keith a respondent did say that its warmer on a boat than in a house.

He doesn't like music, his innane babbling over records shows that.

"Love the show" repeated every two seconds.

Lots of whooping and clapping each other.

"Hand up everyone who is ............" is out of a childs junior school.

The "posse" talking about nothing at all - in a childish binary fashion.

Insincere rubbish trying to get a gag.

Guests just on to promote their show - while he repeats questions provided by researchers on a list. He can't even read properly as he is always getting words wrong.

Factoids - may or may not be true - what's the point?

Is there any redeeming feature of this show?

You forgot about being told it's ''The Big Show'' every ten minutes.

Keith

I did miss a minute or two but on the whole I thought it did a good job at pointing out the problems with boating and why you shouldn't just buy a boat because you think its cheap.

I was expecting a massive wave of people wanting to buy a boat but after the interview I don't think its caused a problem.

I got to hear the last bit.

You got to remember the target audience is proably housewives/husbands and the retired.

Thought it was ok - ok a bit cringeworthy for those that know a bit maybe but he put himself in the place of the casual bystander - which his audience are.

Edited by mark99

My business partner and I listened to it me as a liveaboard of 10 years enjoyed it for what it was 15 minutes of information. We had boaters calling in RBOA giving a good opinionand generally it was light entertainment. Dave thought it gave him an insight of boating but didnt really answer enough questions for him.

Peter