CRT facilities, so few of them

Ricco1

Featured Posts

20 miles level cruising really isn't far. You could go to Marple, empty and come back if you really wanted. I'm sure there's other places to empty though? Aren't there any marinas with elsan facilities between Marple and Bosley? What about this place - http://www.lymeviewmarina.co.uk/

I'm sure there's probably others but I haven't been along the Macc in a while. You might have to pay a pound though.

p.s. I have 3 cassettes.

Several pieces of advice:

• Buy a second cassette
  • Buy a second cassette
  • Don't piss in the cassette, do it in the sink, in a container emptied out a window (your choice), or off the bow/stern (outdoor pissing is the greatest pleasure a man can have). Note that when emptying the cassette, it will now contain a higher ratio of solids, so empty a small amount, top up with water and swish around before continuing.
  • Always shit at work or the pub whenever possible. Some people find this easier than others, some have a "first thing in the morning, every morning" habit and some don't. This saves on toilet roll, too (and who doesn't get a kick out of being paid to shit?).
  • Buy a second cassette

In this way, the two of us never fill a cassette during the two weeks between moves, and if our move doesn't take us past a disposal point one week, we have the spare cassette to fall back on.

• Greenie 1

• Buy a second cassette
  • Buy a second cassette
  • Don't piss in the cassette, do it in the sink, in a container emptied out a window (your choice), or off the bow/stern (outdoor pissing is the greatest pleasure a man can have). Note that when emptying the cassette, it will now contain a higher ratio of solids, so empty a small amount, top up with water and swish around before continuing.
  • Always shit at work or the pub whenever possible. Some people find this easier than others, some have a "first thing in the morning, every morning" habit and some don't. This saves on toilet roll, too (and who doesn't get a kick out of being paid to shit?).
  • Buy a second cassette
In this way, the two of us never fill a cassette during the two weeks between moves, and if our move doesn't take us past a disposal point one week, we have the spare cassette to fall back on.
Or save all that agro and get a pumpout

Or save all that agro and get a pumpout

I'd still have to empty it sometime, and I'd have to pay for it. I have a long-standing personal rule against paying for my bodily functions (I go to great lengths at stations, etc).

Also, that would deny me the option of carrying the cassette by foot/trolley/bike/car/bus.

Basically, all the usual reasons, let's not turn this thread into another one of those! All we need now is for the ACC to issue official advice on pumpout vs cassette and we'd never talk of anything else!

The lack of facilities is a good issue for ACC to take up

It isn't a 'CC only' issue.

In fact it's not an issue at all. A 20 mile gap between Elsan stations is a non-issue.

In fact it's about the non-est boating issue I can think of. There must be hundreds of 20 mile stretches between Elsans all over the system.

The OP is reminding me of that Air Force captain who retired and bought a bungalow by an airfield, then started complaining to the Air Force about aircraft noise. The distance between Elsans is no secret, he didn't HAVE to buy a boat if he can't cope.

MtB

• Buy a second cassette
  • Buy a second cassette
  • Buy a second cassette

How many second cassettes have you got.......? B-)

I wouldn't think it is high on the list of things for a buyer wanting to know when buying a boat

That's right, I didn't research it at all. If I had I wouldn't have been surprised that it's 20 miles between elsan points. But I didn't, and I was. Thanks to all the helpful hints on this thread though, I'll find a way.

Now, I must remember to rinse the sink out in the morning.

pissing in the sink has nothing to do with frugal boating. lazy students piss in the sink.. drunken twats piss in the sink.. even though they have a plumbed toilet at the ready. pissing in the sink is disgusting. Just step outside.

Outside is not always practical when moored on busy stretches, pissing in the sink is a lot more hygienic than letting your dog piss on someone's mooring pins. I'm not a old age student, sometimes a bit twat-free squiffy.

Urinally yours

Chop

...pissing in the sink is a lot more hygienic than letting your dog piss on someone's mooring pins...

That reminds of a dog walker that used to let his dog piss on my motorbike chain everyday. I asked him enough times not to, but he never took any notice. Then 1 day he got real upset when I took a leak on the handle of his car door, complaining how disgusting it was & that he has to touch that. Well he never let his dog piss on my motorbike chain again, just a pity it took that it stupid measure to get him to do the right thing.

• Greenie 1

I find the pump out loo to be a wonderful invention. It lasts the two of us six weeks before we have to worry about emptying it and that's with a tiny tank. We often empty a half tank or less so we are not carrying extra weight at sea.

pissing in the sink has nothing to do with frugal boating. lazy students piss in the sink.. drunken twats piss in the sink.. even though they have a plumbed toilet at the ready. pissing in the sink is disgusting. Just step outside.

In total agreement.

As well as being impractical for girls (although I am sure there are those who can manage it!) pissing in the sink has got to be the ultimate last word in dirty skankminger behavior. Even rats don't piss where they eat! And even if you're talking about the bathroom sink, brush your teeth much?

As neatly demonstrated by Mimi McGuire in an old episode of Shameless:

"You're Da's in the shitter, you'll have to piss in the sink! Take the fookin dishes out first this time!"

Or words to that effect.

Edited by Starcoaster

And even if you're talking about the bathroom sink, brush your teeth much?

Personally, my procedure for brushing teeth is not "fill sink with water, wash toothbrush in it, drain, brush teeth, fill sink, wash toothbrush, drain. My toothbrush makes no contact with the sink at all.

I've been pissing in the sink for longer than I've been living on a boat (saves on wasting such a huge amount of water each time (I wasn't being tight or anything, I wasn't even on a meter, I'm just green like that ;)).

• Greenie 1

My friend has recently taken to drinking his own piss, he tells me about 2 pints a day mixed with a bit of squash to make it more palatable. He swears that it is beneficial to his health, I am yet to be convinced.