Topic closed. Nothing useful is emerging.

billS

Featured Posts

This has to be the worst reason for closing a topic - ever.

Are we not allowed to bore ourselves silly?

It seems not - personally I thought it was just getting going....biggrin.png

Might as well close the Unstable bar while he's on - after all where is that going...?

Edited by The Dog House

Pity you serial argues could have some sort of daft competition with betting , raise a bit of cash for canal restoration.

The CDWF charity space hopper race, cold baked bean eating contest using a toothpick to spear the beans, maybe even a toy chucking contest. ( space where shed loads of smilies should be)

• Greenie 1

Well there are 16045 members according to the stats. The 45 post all the time, the other 16000 only watch as they are too scared to post, so in answer to "to whom" I would say the silent 16000 plus the passing unregistered visitors.

Too scared to post my arse?

Why does this keep getting trotted out? - if somebody has something useful to say post it......

...if someone doesn't, it's probably ....

not useful .....a bit you like your snide posts having a go at somebody in a thread that they are not even participating in

.. stick to posting nice pictures Matty it's what you do best.

Edited by The Dog House

Too scared to post my arse?

Why does this keep getting trotted out? - if somebody has something useful to say post it......

I'm not scared to post and never will be, but I do know of people who no longer post on here for reasons stated. Perhaps "scared" is an exaggeration, but I know of people who have felt intimidated over the years.

I'm not scared to post and never will be, but I do know of people who no longer post on here for reasons stated.

Yes but there are far more people who don't post on other canal forums because they are boring, mutual back-slapping, talking shops (well not much talking goes on there).

Edited by carlt

I'm not scared to post and never will be, but I do know of people who no longer post on here for reasons stated. Perhaps "scared" is an exaggeration, but I know of people who have felt intimidated over the years.

Then perhaps the internet is not the place for them... or at least a forum like this which is moderated with a relatively light touch.

not useful .....a bit you like your snide posts having a go at somebody in a thread that they are not even participating in

.. stick to posting nice pictures Matty it's what you do best.

...again, one persons light jest is anothers snide remark....

and it appears your command of word order is slipping.

and it appears your command of word order is slipping.

no it was a piss take, just like you once did in the chat room when you called me a twat when you thought I wouldn't see it.

An innocently meant smiley can get you into trouble as well rolleyes.gif

ETA this one is apparently a "sarky smiley" rolleyes.gif

This one can't be used by newbies, not if they're expecting any future requests for information to be answered tongue.png

That's just the view of one particularly sensitive individual though - I wouldn't worry too much, the rest of us are far too grown up to get upset about smileys :D

Edited by Ange