12v CORDLESS Vacuum's

junior

Featured Posts

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Morphy-Richards-Supervac-70485-2-in-1-Bagless-Cordless-Vacuum-Cleaner-Silver-/231051041929?pt=UK_Vacuum_Cleaners&hash=item35cbb71c89

I have 2 of these, one on the boat and one at home. You can get various prices on ebay- I've bought both from Morphy Richards with a warranty, but there's other suppliers. The handle folds down so it's easy to store in a small place and the dustbuster bit is useful for ledges, dust /debris around the fire (when its cooled) etc. I wanted a dyson stick one but couldn't justify the money and I've been pleasantly surprised.

We had a Black and Decker one on Warrior which was adequate, for the odd awkward corner, but broom/dustpan and brush is favoutite. I don't think any 12v motor is going to get dirt out of a carpet.

PS. The B&D one wasn't cordless; it plugged into a 12v cig socket.

I was looking some time ago for a no frills dustbuster. The most powerful one I could find at a sensible price is this 12 volt one which really roars compared with the puny 3.6 volt ones. Have now bought three in total for family and friends - all are pleased.

$(KGrHqMOKp!E24cqzf,9BN2nkHn1z!~~0_35.JP

The mains charger gives out 13.5 volts so it may be possible to charge it directly from 12 volt boat system whilst main batteries are on charge.

We just bought a Hoover dust buster, got it for 10.99 posted. It's not very powerful though but will suck up spills which it the main reason for purchasing. Oh and the detritus you get under sofa and chair cushions LOL

Wouldn't have carpet in a house let alone a boat, sweeping and mopping is so much easier and cleaner.

Junior, as you are getting so many sensible and helpful responses, do you mind if I hi-jack your thread in a attempt to get some equally useful answers to my earlier thread about 12v hair dyers? here:-

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=59647&hl=hairdryer

Edited by David Schweizer

My best 12v vacuum, bought extremely cheaply (like a fiver) from a cut-price store in Retford, actually had a revolving brush driven by a separate motor. It actually picked up dog hairs! But the brush motor unsurprisingly died of exhaustion after a year - I should have bought 3. I've never seen another like it - has anyone else come across these? (I am totally 12v - no invertor)

I splashed out a little and bought a set of RYOBI (green and black colours from B & Q). A drill/screwdriver, a jigsaw and a hand held vacuum cleaner. All use the same battery pack (but you must charge it from 240v for about an hour or so), the battery and charger. It is great for getting bits and pieces up but for deep clean I again use the dustpan and brush. Then you have to dust all the shelves and furniture.

So now I can drill, screw, cut and suck for around £70

clapping.gif

The Dyson handheld is brilliant , comes with a long attachment which is good for all surfaces, perfect for a boat :-)

we have a dyson animal...excellent

12v?

Last year the Gadget Show on Ch5 tested a whole load of them to find the best.

Briliant, i'll attempt to find the episode on YouTube, or the results somewhere.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?catalogId=10151&storeId=10001&productId=753023&categoryId=255234&langId=-1

I've just brought this as seems a good buy. I have a little go with it, obviously not as good as 240v but does actually hover hairs and cob webs this is from a wood flooring not carpet.

I like the fact that it comes with a bag and is very small to store. I would have preferred more attachments like a turbo brush or a wider attachment.

So far I think is a keeper.

Clo