Elsan Points London

mark99

Featured Posts

Where are they? seem very few looking at the guide which could also be out of date.

We will be going in and out of London from the G Union Harefield to Paddington then off through to the Stort.

Edited by mark99

When we were there 4 years ago, there was nothing on the Paddington Arm until Little Venice. after that there was St. Pancras CC, Victoria Park and Limehouse.

If coming down the GU the last one was at Cowley.

Regards

Pete

Sounds about right.

One at Stonebridge, once on the Lee. Occasionally disgusting, but the local boatowners I do know on occasions give it the TLC that BW/CRT often didn't seem to.... (I believe Lady Muck's fprum name was particularly appropriate when she donned the Marigolds!.....)

I think the one at Limehouse is behind locked gates on a boat moored in the marina, so you have to ask in the office to be let in. It's odd that there isn't one at Bulls Bridge, but there's one at Norwood top lock a couple of miles on with no locks between although I realise you're not going down that far.

I think the one at Limehouse is behind locked gates on a boat moored in the marina, so you have to ask in the office to be let in. It's odd that there isn't one at Bulls Bridge, but there's one at Norwood top lock a couple of miles on with no locks between although I realise you're not going down that far.

Norwood is good as we want to go that way too.

NB is it possible to wind at Brentford to avoid Thames?

On the Lee - old ford, springfield marina, stonebridge lock, waltham town (at Hazelmere marina - dont miss the narrowboat cafe, there, its great), Feildes weir, then on the Stort theres Moorhen, Hallingbury marina, Bishops Stortford. Have I missed any?

Sounds about right.

One at Stonebridge, once on the Lee. Occasionally disgusting, but the local boatowners I do know on occasions give it the TLC that BW/CRT often didn't seem to.... (I believe Lady Muck's fprum name was particularly appropriate when she donned the Marigolds!.....)

We've bought a pressure washer now, we mean business!

When we were there 4 years ago, there was nothing on the Paddington Arm until Little Venice. after that there was St. Pancras CC, Victoria Park and Limehouse.

If coming down the GU the last one was at Cowley.

Regards

Pete

Theres one at Willowtree marina as well Edited by Lady Muck

There's also one at Springfield Marina, but I'd only use this as a last resort as some of the staff are quite frankly rude/less than helpful/inapproachable/unfriendly and although there's a 'nominal' charge (£1.50?) I'd choose to spend my money elsewhere.

On the Lee - old ford, springfield marina, stonebridge lock, waltham town (at Hazelmere marina - dont miss the narrowboat cafe, there, its great), Feildes weir, then on the Stort theres Moorhen, Hallingbury marina, Bishops Stortford. Have I missed any?

We've bought a pressure washer now, we mean business!

Theres one at Willowtree marina as well

There's one at Roydon Marina if you have time to go through the lock

Dunno if its true but i heard you have to pay one nights mooring to use it

Feildes Weir?

Is that operational again? When we were there the water had been cut off because BW said too many overstayers there.

Regards

Pete

Yep there was an outcry over that - its the only one for a few miles, we all use it. But they havent reinstated the bins, which is a nightmare.

"I think the one at Limehouse is behind locked gates on a boat moored in the marina, so you have to ask in the office to be let in".

They'll provide you with a trolley if asked, but of course you're free to just motor over to the jetty (not a boat) to avail yourself of their posh, stainless steel facilities.

Edited by Orientandy

Two updates for you:

Norwood Top Lock Facilities Block was knocked down recently. however, there is a temporary Elsan point by the gate of the old BW yard - it is basically a Portaloo. I am guessing the new development being built on the the old BW yard site will include new facilities, like they have in Brentford.

Limehouse: The Elsan on a narrowboat is gone - accidentally sold by CaRT. There is now an Elsan point on the services jetty alongside the pump out and water. It is the new silver structure. The jetty is the one directly opposite 'the wall' moorings.

Edited by WJM