Non res mooring recommendations please ( K&A Thames Wey)

kremmen

Featured Posts

I delivered a boat to the happy new owners at Frouds Bridge Marina last week, just SW of Reading. Lovely rural location, well laid out, good facilities, .....and possibly not officially connected directly to the system so maybe no 12 months licence necessary(however, I am guessing at this last bit as the marina owners or CRT may insist)

I delivered a boat to the happy new owners at Frouds Bridge Marina last week, just SW of Reading. Lovely rural location, well laid out, good facilities, .....and possibly not officially connected directly to the system so maybe no 12 months licence necessary(however, I am guessing at this last bit as the marina owners or CRT may insist)

Thanks matty.

I had a look at the website and the cost for my 58 foot would be more than where I am. Although that might be good if it's friendly.

Does anyone have experience here?

Depending on the owners it looks likely that riparian water wouldn't need annual licence . I use explorer licence for my odd days out until I move back aboard.

Paul

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations regarding a friendly marina or moooring within 30 or so miles of Bracknell , Berkshire?

Budget around £2.5k.

Thanks

Paul

Nice to see a sense of humour is alive and well on CWF

:D

MtB

You won't find anywhere on the Wey for that price and to have any mooring at all you will need to go on the National Trust waiting list. I am paying close to £3k for an on-line mooring with no facilities at Addlestone. If I move to Pyrford Marina that would go up to about £5k a year but there would be facilities provided (at cost). That's why I am moving to Blisworth!

I don't believe there are any free moorings on the Basingstoke but it may be worth calling the Basingstoke Canal Authority.

You won't find anywhere on the Wey for that price and to have any mooring at all you will need to go on the National Trust waiting list. I am paying close to £3k for an on-line mooring with no facilities at Addlestone. If I move to Pyrford Marina that would go up to about £5k a year but there would be facilities provided (at cost). That's why I am moving to Blisworth!

I don't believe there are any free moorings on the Basingstoke but it may be worth calling the Basingstoke Canal Authority.

Pyford is lovely but that's a hell of a charge. Only stubby pontoons as well.

That's why I am at Blisworth too. Quite a drive from Guildford, but affordable, and nearer the middle of the system too.

I moor on the lower Kennet leccy and water next to the boat [free leccy and free pumpout /elsan] we are 50` and pay £1250 per year part of a boat club so you have to be given the once over by moorings and membership and attend some work partys in the winter .

If you want more info pm me Steve.