Paloma PH-5-3F (mark V)

Wanted

Featured Posts

Hi all,

My Paloma water heater seems to have developed a problem, or at least I think it's the heater.

Working fine all day yesterday, gas ran out, changed bottle as normal.

Now, when I turn hot tap or shower nothing happens. The pilot is on and the dial is positioned to the high setting (3 flames)

I turned the the dial to the low setting and the heater fires up when the tap is on but then fades down to nothing.

The water flow seems fine, at first I thought it may be a pump issue.

I pushed the button on the side a couple of times to de-coke the pilot as well.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Rob

Not as daft as all that, I've done similar in the past! But alas, this has plenty in, the cooker is working fine.

Yes but do the cooker gas rings stay full size WHILE Paloma flame fades to zero?

MtB

Edited by Mike the Boilerman

Yes but do the cooker gas rings stay full size WHILE Paloma flame fades to zero?

MtB

Yes, the problem doesn't affect the cooker flames whatsoever.

Forgot your 'surname' would have come to you first! :doh:

Hole in your diaphragm then... ;) prolly...

But Paloma Bob will know for sure. Look him up in the Members section and PM him I suggest. I know feck all about water heaters.

MtB

Cheers chap

We recently had a PH5 reconditioned by Bob Stubbs who is presumably the same guy.

Email bob07932[at] aol.com

Nice one, cheers

So, bumping this as Paloma Bob is away for a while and I don't have hot water.

Pilot light works, water flow fine, burner just doesn't fire up.

Any gas bods out there willing to tell me it's a tenners worth if parts or a new boiler?

Cheers

Rob

So, bumping this as Paloma Bob is away for a while and I don't have hot water.

Pilot light works, water flow fine, burner just doesn't fire up.

Any gas bods out there willing to tell me it's a tenners worth if parts or a new boiler?

Cheers

Rob

I've told you already the most likely fault!

It's almost certainly a perished diaphragm with a hole through it. A new diaphragm will be about a fiver or so if you can find one. Try ebay or googling. Otherwise it's a new heater. There is an outside chance it is something else as I don't know this heater in depth, but I very much doubt it.

I have Paloma Bob's phone number here if that's any help. I'll PM it to you. Or do you know for a fact he isn't around?

MtB

I've told you already the most likely fault!

It's almost certainly a perished diaphragm with a hole through it. A new diaphragm will be about a fiver or so if you can find one. Try ebay or googling. Otherwise it's a new heater. There is an outside chance it is something else as I don't know this heater in depth, but I very much doubt it.

I have Paloma Bob's phone number here if that's any help. I'll PM it to you. Or do you know for a fact he isn't around?

MtB

Sorry Mike, I missed that! Duh!

I emailed Bob and got an out of office response, back on the 21st. I will grab his number but will wait until he's back before I call should I need to.

Right, over to eBay!

Any links to a manual?

I have sent PM about spares.

Parts list at:

www.tanklesswaterheaters.com/tankless-water-heaters/accessories/parts/paloma-ph5-parts.html

This is probably good enough to take it apart.

Trouble shooting at:

www.tanklesswaterheaters.com/techsupport/paloma-legacy-support.html

Owners manual at:

www.suremarine.com/manuals/assorted-information/paloma-ph5-owners-manual.pdf

N

• 3 years later...

Hi,

My Paloma water heater model PH-5-3F has developed a water leak from the drain tap/relief valve does anyone know where i can buy a new valve please? thanks in advance wink.png

Not easy to obtain anymore, but I think the leak is just a simple matter of renewing the two O rings on it.

Hi All,

Hope this helps someone? after dismantling the drain tap/relief valve this is what i found the black bit in the middle is the rubber seal that i prised out it had a wear mark on so i turned it over and pressed it back in which seems to have cured the leak clapping.gif

post-26599-0-21254000-1485781653_thumb.jpg

Well I never knew all that was in there! How strong was the spring?

About 40 tons of force i reckon laugh.png not really it was not too bad just forced a pozi screwdriver on the cap thingy to take pressure off the circlip then released the circlip with a dart tip would you believe it was the only thing i had pointy and strong enough to do the job wink.png