problem at grants lock (30) . south oxford.

matty40s

Featured Posts

Problems at Grant's? Send for Phil!

I wonder if closing the gates and giving it a blast of prop wash would dislodge the obstruction? Obviously this would require a boat which was facing the other way or which had a (aarrgghhh) bow thruster.

We had trouble at a couple of the locks on the south Oxford on our way to and from Croppers.

Managed to get through with fenders up and lots of oomph sons boats were having more probs than us.

We pulled loads of weed out of a few locks on our way down, but there was loads of floating debris around.

Not surprised peeps are still having probs.

We had trouble at a couple of the locks on the south Oxford on our way to and from Croppers.

Managed to get through with fenders up and lots of oomph sons boats were having more probs than us.

We pulled loads of weed out of a few locks on our way down, but there was loads of floating debris around.

Not surprised peeps are still having probs.

Odd. We didn't have any problems and REGINALD draws 2ft 8in.

But anyone doing narrow locks with fenders down needs their bumps feelin' IMHO...

MtB

Ah! Now I recognise it, we passed it coming South as we went back northwards from Cropredy on Monday morning. As the channel was rather narrow due to moored craft, we pulled into a gap to let it past; it responded by crashing into the offside bank, from which it took a wee while to extricate itself.

Crewed by a somewhat uncommunicative couple, as I recall.