Roof Colour In This Heat Wave.....dark Roofs Must Be Dying?

DeanS

Featured Posts

Got a two tone. Light blue at the front and raddled matt red at rear up to the strap over the engine room. Don't suffer from glare with the matt red. Avatar describes it.

Edited by mark99

The roof cabin top on my boat got up to 72°C last week, phew!

The ceiling inside got up to 45°C in a few places where the insulation isn't so good, but what is a great help is a big fan to shift any warmer air that accumulates at ceiling level.

cheers, Pete.

~smpt~

Edited by smileypete

My 'live aboard' horse box has dark wooden sides, a steel roof & poor insulation.

When I first bought it the roof was dark . It was murder in summer untill I painted the roof with Watco aluminium rich roof sealant. It made a big improvement. (and stopped the roof leaking!) 'Not sure if I would want to do that to a boat though.

This hot spell was to much though, with 35Deg+ inside by 10:00, solved by spreading wet blankets & hesian bags on the roof. It made a measureable difference. Just turn on the pump & hose the roof down as they dry out.