parking, visiters when cc ing

wullie

Featured Posts

can anybody tell me whare family/ friends park the car when coming for short/longer breaks with us i would be wanting a safe place for them to park up, just another thought i had, and as ccing i could be anywhare on the system.

I am sure if you can give people a rough idea where you will be, they can then recommend somewhere! Pub landlords are usually ok as long as you ask and use the facilities.Or sometimes you can park in back streets but make sure you don't block any of the drives for the people who live there!

I get people to park the furthest distance from me either way, and walk to find me. This makes them feel sorry for me and they buy me chocolate and beer.

I am definitely taking that bit of advice away with me! icecream.gif

Too many blasted drives in a street can prevent any road parking. I was a mobile mechanic for many years before I got my own garage and it was murder then trying to park in urban district streets, had to sometimes lug heavy tools quite a long way, it must be virtually impossible now.

I do remember us sending residents completely insane with their curtain twitching, when we were moored in Goring on Thames and unloaded some things out of a friends car.

Dodgy place. We had a trailer stolen there. We arrived about 11pm and it was gone by the morning

I need to park a car for a couple of days safely near Denver (and the sluice) whilst we go boating with some friends on the River Wissey.

Any suggestions please.

David

Having looked at Google maps it looks like Hilgay is your best bet and its a nice village

Alex

I need to park a car for a couple of days safely near Denver (and the sluice) whilst we go boating with some friends on the River Wissey.

Any suggestions please.

David

I used the public carpark for the sluice complex without any problems. There is a nice big hedge that obscures view of any vehicles from the road and the nearby pub has it's own carpark. Admittedly I only used it in the cold period when there were very few people about.

Geoff