I also now have a boat

davidc

Featured Posts

• 2 weeks later...

Have had Hopefully my boat surveyed last week and I have to say I was impressed by the surveyor very reasonable price and totally professional .

And his written report was clear and precise which made it easy to read and understand.

I would happily recommend Michael Clarke of Northern star marine Ltd to anyone, and as he also does the boat safety scheme I wouldn't have to ask for anyone to recommend someone.

construction.gif

Feel like i'm on cloud 9.

Is that her name?

Sounds like a decent boat from your report of the survey. That's it now! You're trapped forever with canals in your blood. It's a terrible state of life but someone has to do it. :-)

Monty's is finally mine I've signed all the paperwork and paid over the money yesterday, and my son and I spent our first night on Monty, GREAT even though it poured all night, It now has a mooring at Great Heywood. Anyone is welcome to a cupper if am in, at any time.

Edited by davidc

Monty's is finally mine I've signed all the paperwork and paid over the money yesterday, and my son and I spent our first night on Monty, GREAT even though it poured all night, It now has a mooring at Great Heywood. Anyone is welcome to a cupper if am in, at any time.

This, you will find, is known as "boating weather".

Congratulations, captain.gif hope you have years of happy & trouble free boating boat.gif

Nice piccies too ;o) cheers.gif

Have to say its a nice boat and a good price and has only a couple of problems of the minor type.

Saying that there is a couple of things I want to change on the grounds of personal taste but other that that the important thing is I'm more than happy .

Congratulations, captain.gif hope you have years of happy & trouble free boating boat.gif

Nice piccies too ;o) cheers.gif

We were always under the impression that rain was boating weather however after the last two weeks we have changed our minds.

To the op congratulations.

Thank you I know how you feel, but I am now living the dream (sorry but I'm not rubbing it in).

I'm genuinely pleased for everyone getting to leave their dream. I feel at the moment I am destined never to own about. I must have viewed upwards of 30 boats in the last 6 months and in that time only 1 has given me 'the feeling' that people will say you get when you bave walked onto 'the one'. Unfortunately I was warned off it by forum members with more knowledge than me so it was back to the drawing board.

This week my 'dream boat', or at least one that fitted the mental image I have of my perfect boat, went up for sale at Rugby boats. I'm out of the country for a few days and its sold before I could get back to view it(i even contemplated buying it unseen i was that certain). Very demoralising and is getting me worried that I might just end up buying the next boat I see just because i'm pissed off at being boatless.

How many did you view before you bought? I'm worried I might be being too picky about what I want or holding out for 'that feeling' when in actual fact it's a myth that it even happens. Did you know when you walked onto yours that it was 'the one?

Hi Junior,

Buying your boat is an important step and finding "the right one" is crucial. I think you will know as you have already had that feeling with the one that you walked away from, for hopefully the right reason. We couldn't find "the one" until we walked onto a demonstrator new one. Luckily, we were in a position to be able to finance this and are having one built to our specifications but we both knew straight away that this is what we wanted after viewing that one in comparison to many others.

Enjoy looking. Don't let it become a chore. Its out there, just waiting for you.

Good Luck

Kim

I'm genuinely pleased for everyone getting to leave their dream. I feel at the moment I am destined never to own about. I must have viewed upwards of 30 boats in the last 6 months and in that time only 1 has given me 'the feeling' that people will say you get when you bave walked onto 'the one'. Unfortunately I was warned off it by forum members with more knowledge than me so it was back to the drawing board.

This week my 'dream boat', or at least one that fitted the mental image I have of my perfect boat, went up for sale at Rugby boats. I'm out of the country for a few days and its sold before I could get back to view it(i even contemplated buying it unseen i was that certain). Very demoralising and is getting me worried that I might just end up buying the next boat I see just because i'm pissed off at being boatless.

How many did you view before you bought? I'm worried I might be being too picky about what I want or holding out for 'that feeling' when in actual fact it's a myth that it even happens. Did you know when you walked onto yours that it was 'the one?

I have to say several post over the years have said you will know when you find your boat the minute you go on her , and I have to back this up have seen a quite few boats that match what I thought was what I wanted and of course my budget but none of them gelled, and the boats that day I saw with Bryan at Great Heywood did not do anything for me, I think the young girl in the office said why not look at this boat Monty which I did it failed on a lot that I wanted like its only 39 ft its cruiser stern its pump out , diesel central heating but I fell in love with it, it just had that feeling, well over my budget but put in what I thought was a very low price, i.e. my max budget and there accept so as wiser heads have said on here keep looking you boat will find you .

cloud9.gifcheers.gif

It WILL come Junior, but sometimes not as soon as you hope. We went to look at 40+ boats before we found 'the one'. It didn't fulfil all of our requirements though, but it just felt right to such an extent that the fact that some of the specification wasn't entirely as we'd have liked no longer mattered so much.

So be patient, try not to be too picky, and keep looking because you will find that boat I promise.

Saying that there is a couple of things I want to change on the grounds of personal taste but other that that the important thing is I'm more than happy .

For your first boat she looks very tidy and a good choice.

Changing things to your own taste is all part of the fun. We did this on our first boat and ended up completely refitting her, even though we fell in love with the original layout. Our last cruise was when she was finished and on her way to be sold at Overwater Marina where Rugby Boats had their northern office at the time.

86 miles of cruising to get there and totally enjoyable. It also brought us to Audlem where we've remained ever since.