Boaters on the Trent Beware of a Singing Tree !! ;)

tree

Featured Posts

:) ahem!! just thought that I would pre-warn 'boaters' on the River Trent... as moi has been invited to spend a few days with friends on their boat w/e after next and I am so looking forward to it , adn when i am happy i tend to burst out into song at every given moment .. my 'repertoire' varies from the past to the present .. you name it and i will sing it :)

So if you happen to hear dulcet tones ringing out as a boat sails past ... and you think ' what on earth is that racket' ?? quick phone CART

dont panic it will only be moi :)

Phew! for a moment there I thought this was a reference to "The Singing Ringing Tree" I have only just got out of counseling after watching that TV program in the 1960s

If you don't know what I am talking about count yourself lucky but have a look here if you dare.

http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/19267/the-singing-ringing-tree-scariest-kids-tv-show-ever

or

http://www.sausagenet.co.uk/

Edited by churchward

Can you sing " On the trail of the lonesome pine"?biggrin.png

;) yup but only the 'low notes' ( moi has a deep voice lol) so the lovely deckhand can sing the 'high' notes and the lovely pykebird can do the strumming bits hahaha..

gordon bennet !!!! .. i can see a band coming together...erm lets see a name ...hmm... by jove ive got it ... 'the Bargies' !!! or the CWD's ... thats Canal World Divas hahahaha... ;)

I will dig out the ear protectors!!(only joking), need to brush up on musical words so we can get further than the first verse!! clapping.gif

ohmy.png OI!! you cheeky mare lol ... right.... make yer own cups of tea from now on ... touche !!!! hahahaha..yes the need to brush up on song lyrics is vital as our band could go global!!! i can play the 'spoons' wonder if our deckhand is any on the penny whistle :)

Phew! for a moment there I thought this was a reference to "The Singing Ringing Tree" I have only just got out of counseling after watching that TV program in the 1960s

If you don't know what I am talking about count yourself lucky but have a look here if you dare.

http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/19267/the-singing-ringing-tree-scariest-kids-tv-show-ever

or

http://www.sausagenet.co.uk/

aww.. fear not as moi is a happy go lucky singing chatterbox 'singing tree' :)

I'm not on the Trent......

I will miss this.......

Sadness envelopes me like a dark blanket...

Master Luctor fear not dear friend, as moi has the perfick solution...... now sit down and get yersen comfy and shut yer eyes and no peeping!! ( i like being a bit bossy).. now imagine how the song 'Be Bop A Lula , by Gene Vincent would sound in a deeper, growlier funkier way.. can you imagine it ?? ..(. oh eck ignore that drumming bit, cos I lent pykebird my bongo drums and shes going hell for leather, shes had a hectic day at work !!!.) ...yippee its working .. the sunshine and laughter has chased away that dark blanket.. and wow!! look at Master Luctors dance moves!! ..... forget John Travoltra's Saturday night fever, cos he aint got nowt on these dance moves :)

If you got a bell, you could be the singing, ringing tree.

:) will the silver bells that i wear round my ankes count !! ;)

wink.png yup but only the 'low notes' ( moi has a deep voice lol) so the lovely deckhand can sing the 'high' notes and the lovely pykebird can do the strumming bits hahaha..

gordon bennet !!!! .. i can see a band coming together...erm lets see a name ...hmm... by jove ive got it ... 'the Bargies' !!! or the CWD's ... thats Canal World Divas hahahaha... wink.png

LOL, that will certainly clear the Trent - probably bring on the rain too.

I hope you have a lovely weekend with your friends - singing or not ;))

Kim

Can you sing " On the trail of the lonesome pine"?biggrin.png

I suggested a "Tree" based song you might sing! I can't think of any others at the moment.

You might choose songs by the following bands/singers....

Ash

Lime

The Willows

Poplar Jake

Aspen Black

Courtney Pine

Kate Bush.

ETA I'm sure other posters can suggest more Tree based songs/singers.

It's far too hot for my coat.tongue.png

Edited by Peter Reed

Whispering grass? (Cause the trees dont need to know)

Songs from the wood. (Jethro Tull)

Dont sit under the apple tree

Tie a yellow ribbion round the old oak tree

Thorn tree in the garden (Derek and the Domino's)

Struggling as moored at sutton stop and got a slow connection

Master Luctor fear not dear friend, as moi has the perfick solution...... now sit down and get yersen comfy and shut yer eyes and no peeping!! ( i like being a bit bossy).. now imagine how the song 'Be Bop A Lula , by Gene Vincent would sound in a deeper, growlier funkier way.. can you imagine it ?? ..(. oh eck ignore that drumming bit, cos I lent pykebird my bongo drums and shes going hell for leather, shes had a hectic day at work !!!.) ...yippee its working .. the sunshine and laughter has chased away that dark blanket.. and wow!! look at Master Luctors dance moves!! ..... forget John Travoltra's Saturday night fever, cos he aint got nowt on these dance moves :)

:) will the silver bells that i wear round my ankes count !! ;)

Dear Tree

Please could you tell us whuch bits of the Trent you will be traversing? Will you be passing through Nether lock? If so I shall vring my Cornet to locj you through.

smile.png ahem!! just thought that I would pre-warn 'boaters' on the River Trent... as moi has been invited to spend a few days with friends on their boat w/e after next and I am so looking forward to it , adn when i am happy i tend to burst out into song at every given moment .. my 'repertoire' varies from the past to the present .. you name it and i will sing it smile.png

So if you happen to hear dulcet tones ringing out as a boat sails past ... and you think ' what on earth is that racket' ?? quick phone CART

dont panic it will only be moi smile.png

I'll hide round the backwater with my ear defenders on and the (very noisy) diesel mower running at full blast then.

Just joking, have a great time and I hope the weather holds out for you smile.png.

Regards,

Lockie.

LOL, that will certainly clear the Trent - probably bring on the rain too.

I hope you have a lovely weekend with your friends - singing or not wink.png)

Kim

:) lol probably will bring on the rain ..but sadly for all in earshot.. that dont stop me hahahaha, makes me worst, and if they find a karoke bar in nottingham not far from the river , well shiver me timbers , cos i could end up stuck in there for the rest of year blink.png it will be fun Kim as I tend to cause laughter and chaos wherever I go :)

I suggested a "Tree" based song you might sing! I can't think of any others at the moment.

You might choose songs by the following bands/singers....

Ash

Lime

The Willows

Poplar Jake

Aspen Black

Courtney Pine

Kate Bush.

ETA I'm sure other posters can suggest more Tree based songs/singers.

It's far too hot for my coat.tongue.png

and some folks on here think ime bark -in , i twigged that you would have an idea like that , chucks you one of her nora batty cardys ;)

Whispering grass? (Cause the trees dont need to know)

Songs from the wood. (Jethro Tull)

Dont sit under the apple tree

Tie a yellow ribbion round the old oak tree

Thorn tree in the garden (Derek and the Domino's)

Struggling as moored at sutton stop and got a slow connection

clapping.gif i know them ones.. deckhand and pykebird get practising as we got our cover versions sorted ninja.gif

Dear Tree

Please could you tell us whuch bits of the Trent you will be traversing? Will you be passing through Nether lock? If so I shall vring my Cornet to locj you through.

:) what a lovely idea :) ime not sure which direction we are heading yet, i have just got my bag packed and I am all excited and ready to go :)

Lockie !! lol you can run .. but you carnt hide.. better borrow my pals kayak then ;)

sad.png aww.. tiller.... we keep missing each other and i had plans for you to join our lickle band.. as i had managed to borrow a pretty ribboned tamborine from a 'one man band' busker ( moi has promised him a copy of our 1st single .. to put on ebayyyyy...he got all excited and plans to use the auction money to buy a fancy yacht adn sail 'the seven seas' smile.png never mind one day smile.png ...enjoy your western travels.

oddles of cuddles and treescruning huggles xxx

here is a beautiful song that i am trying to learn .. just for you ( bear in mind lol my rendition will be a lickle differ.. jake bugg ..broken )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EL20VKlvbs

Edited by tree

I was amused to see your post just now was followed immediately by one reading "Sounds like a bag of Spanners"!

;) moi sounds like a tribe of banshees before midday then like a combination of the clangers and wombles... afterwards till midnight ...unless i have been bribed by lucious offers of yummy food adn gallons of dandelion& burdock , nowt will shut me up. I do so hope pykebirds neighbour has fully recovered from my previous 7am early renditions of musical ???? mind you later on he did ask her politely if she could send me to the FAR side of the river LOL.. but whats a gal/tree to do ... it was a beautiful sunshine morning and i was sat splattered with paint supping my cuppa and whilst watching the antics of the cygnets and swallows and a musical urge just overtook me :) and before anyone suggests therapy!!!!!!! moi dont think any therapist would be able to deal with moi blink.png thankgoodness ;)