Stolen Boat Taken From Kensal Green - Blue 34FT Springer

Lady Muck

Featured Posts

Boat is now FOUND, no other details atm, but the owner says he's going to join this forum.

Not seen it said on here, only the briefest reference elsewhere......

Lee Festa Gaitens Turns out a friend had seen it sitting for a while and towed it but unfortunately had lost my number he got hold of me to let me know.

(Lee Festa Gaitens has identified themselves as the owner). Not quite clear what that means, but despite police involvement, crime number et al, I read it to say never actually stolen?

Does anyone know more?

Not seen it said on here, only the briefest reference elsewhere......

(Lee Festa Gaitens has identified themselves as the owner). Not quite clear what that means, but despite police involvement, crime number et al, I read it to say never actually stolen?

Does anyone know more?

It wasnt stolen, it was reclaimed.

Didnt get as far as a crime number, just the incident number

It wasnt stolen, it was reclaimed.

Didnt get as far as a crime number, just the incident number

What does reclaimed mean, then on this context.

?

The reason I mentioned crime number is that the very first words of first post were to give one. If that isn't actually correct, moist of us not doing it as their day job wouldn't know unless you tell us!

?

The reason I mentioned crime number is that the very first words of first post were to give one. If that isn't actually correct, moist of us not doing it as their day job wouldn't know unless you tell us!

Sorry, didnt realise youd missed my first posts

Still no crime number as yet due to police and the victim not being able to meet up to report.

Correct cad number is 422/03jun

CaRT confirm the boat hasnt been removed by them

Cad number is the incident number. the one quoted by LM is a linked number to the original allegation. There are several linked cads to this as the victim has phoned several times with updates, each phone call generates a new cad but only one is the working cad.

confused, try working with it

The call has been resulted as a Civil Dispute between the Boats owner and the alleged victim, I cant give any more details im afraid, sorry

?

Interestingly the "Crime Reference Number" allocated by Northamptonshire Police to the burglary of REGINALD is NP/10504/13, so not quite the same format as the CRN quoted in the OP

Also, Police would only issue a CRN once a Police Officer had interviewed me face-to-face and satisfied himself a crime really had taken place, so one would hope this happened with the boat theft too. Prior to interview Police would only issue an incident number.

MtB

The call has been resulted as a Civil Dispute between the Boats owner and the alleged victim, I cant give any more details im afraid, sorry

Fully understand that you can't.

It does however, seem that, yet again, a "stolen boat" alert has been issued here and (widely) on Facebook and various blogs for a boat that was probably never stolen at all.

I would say this actually seems to be the case far more often than a genuine case of a boat being truly "nicked" by persons unknown, but that generally when we are asked, even if police numbers of some kind are quoted, we really have little idea what the real story may be.

Thanks Mike, that makes sense. We have had several incident numbers but no crime reference number in this thread

Richard

Understand that now, but first post does say.....

Crime number is CAD 912/0306

..... so without digging a lot more, you might reasonably assume there was, I think!

..... so without digging a lot more, you might reasonably assume there was, I think!

Yes. I will know what to ask next time I see one

Even so, having a number from the police does show some kind of legitimacy

Richard

Richard

Richard

The Police told me they issue a number to every call they log. It is in the format of "call number for that day/date". Anyone can generate a call number by calling 101 and waiting for the call to be answered.

Getting a real CRN seems more difficult, involving face-to-face contact with a Police Officer, certainly in Northamptonshire. No idea about London. The different format of the CRN quoted in the OP suggests to me someone along the line may have made it up for reasons we are guessing at. I'd have expected it to be in the format MP/nnnnnn/13 but maybe I'n wrong and the Met use a different numbering system.

MtB

Thanks for the clarification Mike, I didn't realise that what we had wasn't a crime number. Next time (because I guess there will be one), we will make sure we get an actual crime number.

I have to say, everytime we get one of these my first instinct is to say, 'oh yeah?'

Thanks for the clarification Mike, I didn't realise that what we had wasn't a crime number. Next time (because I guess there will be one), we will make sure we get an actual crime number.

I have to say, everytime we get one of these my first instinct is to say, 'oh yeah?'

Yes, me too. Which is why I like to see some sort of official recognition that it is a theft

Richard

My posts No 10 & 12 have obviously been missed or missinterprated

Still no crime number as yet due to police and the victim not being able to meet up to report.

Correct cad number is 422/03jun

CaRT confirm the boat hasnt been removed by them

Cad number is the incident number. the one quoted by LM is a linked number to the original allegation. There are several linked cads to this as the victim has phoned several times with updates, each phone call generates a new cad but only one is the working cad.

confused, try working with it

In London, as soon as you dial 999 or 101 and an operator answers your call an incident number is automatically generated This is known as a CAD number, CAD number meaning Computer Aided Despatch.

Your cad number will be a series of numbers followed by a slash followed by the date for instance in this thread, the CAD number was 422/03JUN.

Normally you would expect a Crime Number to follow fairly quickly but sometimes there are delays with the victim and police being able to meet up and put pen to paper.

Even with a Bone Fide Crime Number there is no Guarantee that the facts are as stated because that crime is being investigated and as in this case it could still end up being Classified as 'No Crime'

All you can do really is act on good faith on the information given

• 4 weeks later...

ive found the boat. and theres a massive story to be told

ive already informed the police 2 days ago but im trying to reach the owner

i really need to speak to lady muck asap.

if this isnt sorted quick the boat is going to be moved and lost completely. the guys we saw with it were very twitchy and likely to move her.

Edited by beezel

ive found the boat. and theres a massive story to be told

ive already informed the police 2 days ago but im trying to reach the owner

That doesn't alter the fact that you are unlikely to be given a private telephone number by folks who don't know you - - even if there's a massive story

Have you asked the Police for the owner's number??

Well done Beez! But I thought that the boat had been found some time ago, various forum members reported that they had seen it? From memory, it was parked under a motorway bridge and the couple who had stolen it were giving it a new paint job to disguise it.

Edited by Athy

Well done Beez! But I thought that the boat had been found some time ago, various forum members reported that they had seen it? From memory, it was parked under a motorway bridge and the couple who had stolen it were giving it a new paint job to disguise it.

Well post 43 and 50 say that it wasn't this boat being painted under the M25 and posts 54 and 57 say that the boat is subject to a 'civil dispute'

yes i have news. but i wary of who i tell as i dont want to spook the criminals

I suggest you call CRT Enforcement Officers Stacy Fiddis on 07795 641956 or Nick Wattam on 07747 765434 after you have called the Police using the non emergency number quoting the crime reference number.

heres the story. . .

18 months ago ish. my wife and i rented the boat from its true owner mr R????? O??????.

we passed the boat on to new tenants last sept 2012 as per the landlords/owners request.

9 months later we came back from traveling and thought "oh lets rent a boat again"

we found one the same spec as our previous one

now the thing is i did a lot of work on mr R?????? O??????? boat so i no it intermately. wiring, engine work and plumbing and what not.

so when we went to go view this boat you can imagine our surprise when we find its the same one but changed

now i dont want to reveal how its been changed but the things that were mention in previous post are gone.

then the NEW so called owner told me that the boat 2 weeks ago had been broken into and for some strange reason the thing that made the boat stick out were stolen including some odd things

at the time i thought the old owner had sold the boat on and we were luck enough to find the boat with the new owner.

but 2 days after viewing the boat i was researching the engine specs for a manual and stumbled across "lady mucks" topic/post and picture

so you can imagine how shocked i am

now my problem is this

have i found the stolen boat or it new owners

i no about the civil dispute

i think the tenant after i had it illegally sold the boat on as he has now purchased another boat with cash

so the people who have it now dont no they have a stolen boat

or

ive stumbled across the criminals who stolen it

Edited by beezel

If that is all correct then I'd inform the police of what you know and why, letting them contact the relevant people involved.

You're highly unlikely to be given anyone's phone number in a public forum on the back of just 4 posts.

Not saying you are, but how are we to know you're not part of the civil dispute and want the phone number for some other reason?

Unfortunately posts like yours are now viewed with a lot of scepticism due to others not being completely honest with what the true story is.