Ice?

nicknorman

Featured Posts

The best way to protect your blacking, is to crane your boat out, and put it on the bank.

That's very helpful thanks (NOT!). There is a middle path between "craning your boat out" and having no regard for possible ice damage. Having had the hull gritblasted and 2-pac blacked last autumn, I would prefer not damage it unduly. That said, I have no idea how 2-pac handles ice, but I would prefer not to find out that it doesn't handle it well. Plus the thought of breaking ice for 8 hrs a day for 5 days doesn't appeal and I am not sure that it wouldn't generate some abuse from moored boaters. But of course you just wanted a grump, hope its made you feel better for a brief moment.

Having had the hull gritblasted and 2-pac blacked last autumn, I would prefer not damage it unduly. That said, I have no idea how 2-pac handles ice, but I would prefer not to find out that it doesn't handle it well. Plus the thought of breaking ice for 8 hrs a day for 5 days doesn't appeal and I am not sure that it wouldn't generate some abuse from moored boaters.

2-pac generally stands up very well to ice.

As for the moored boaters - they are moored on a navigation, if they don't like people moving because it's icy, that's their problem.

• Greenie 1

Singapore airlines Boeing 747 cargo from Dallas to Brussels tracking across southern England at 37,000ft, speed 601mph now!! . Looks lost. Its swinging about trying to follow the K&A.

Probably looking for a mooring.

2-pac generally stands up very well to ice.

As for the moored boaters - they are moored on a navigation, if they don't like people moving because it's icy, that's their problem.

Greeny

I got referred to as a sewer ant for boating in the ice.

Including the coldest reaches of the Antarctic?

Definitely yes, and in Hampshire (Havant) and Lincs (Grantham), even in the West Indies (Antigua).

The bloke who bawled Ditchcrawler out probably lived in Scunthorpe.

Why, do they call them orps there?

Yes, don't you know anything?

Anyway, we have wimped out and hired a car for a week to do touristy things in Englandshire. Chugged for 1 hr from Fazeley to Cudworth bottom lock and that was enough cold for one day. A pint in Doggy Doublet now consumed, we will chug back to the marina for the night. If the canal doesn't freeze over tomorrow I will be peed off at making the wrong decision! Peak Forest will have to wait for another time.

I love watching air crash investigation. To the op its a bit of ice. I was braking 1" ice the other month no problem. I loved it.

I remember being sat on an EasyJet flight waiting to depart Newcastle to Paris and the pilot was 'supervising' the de-icing of the wings from the from the top of the passenger steps to the front cabin door.

It all seemed a bit haphazard to me with him bobbing up down to see if the ice had been removed from the wing surface....

His parting show was 'that will have to do guys thanks....... :o '

I remember being sat on an EasyJet flight waiting to depart Newcastle to Paris and the pilot was 'supervising' the de-icing of the wings from the from the top of the passenger steps to the front cabin door.

It all seemed a bit haphazard to me with him bobbing up down to see if the ice had been removed from the wing surface....

His parting show was 'that will have to do guys thanks....... :o '

That's the difference between Easyjet and BA. Both aircrew have the same vagaries, but BA tries to put on a more reassuring front to the pax!