An Abandoned Canal on TV

bigste

Featured Posts

If you have sky it is on channel 539 at 9 pm. They have longer broadcast hours on sky then the limited ones on freeview for some reason.

and you don't need a subscription to get it either.

Also available on channel 233 on Virgin.

Dave

If you have sky it is on channel 539 at 9 pm. They have longer broadcast hours on sky then the limited ones on freeview for some reason.

Cheers Sky+ set

Don't have one on Freeview only Freesat

Do you mean you don't have it on your Freeview?

Freeview recorders are available.

There is some info here about tuning a Freesat box to be able to get The Community channel.

http://www.joinfreesat.co.uk/channel-worth-watching-in-non-freesat-mode/

It seems it doesn't appear on the EPG but you can still get it. It's also available on BT vision for any body that has that.

Edited by The Dog House

and you don't need a subscription to get it either.

Also available on channel 233 on Virgin.

Dave

Thanks found it just were u said it would be on sky & recorder all set would have missed this cheers oops suns not over the yard bush yet oh well soon be nine ok & glass of wine I think x

Cheers Sky+ set

Do you mean you don't have it on your Freeview?

Freeview recorders are available.

There is some info here about tuning a Freesat box to be able to get The Community channel.

http://www.joinfreesat.co.uk/channel-worth-watching-in-non-freesat-mode/

It seems it doesn't appear on the EPG but you can still get it.

The TV is fitted with a Freeview decoder and aerial I also have a dish and a Humax recorder so I can record what comes via the dish but not the aerial.

The TV is fitted with a Freeview decoder and aerial I also have a dish and a Humax recorder so I can record what comes via the dish but not the aerial.

If the info. on the page I liked to is correct you could watch on your Freesat box, I'm not sure if it's possible though to record a program that does not appear on the Freesat EPG though....so it would mean watching as it was being broadcast.

The full prog is now on youtube at the link previously posted. Quite a decent effort from the bald explorer and it certainly sounds like it will reopen in the not too distant future.

Edited by bigste

I found his dialogue very hard to hear when he was interviewing other folk, I could hear what they were saying but could barely him. I watched it You Tube not the TV so don't know if the TV sound quality was the same.

Spoiled for me what could have been a very good program.

Have got it on the Sky+ box so might try it again on there.

Aye, and big bills to accompany them! :angry:

Watched it for free on our IPad thanks for the link. No problems with hearing the dialogue and I'm as deaf as a post. Interesting early shots of the nb Dawntreader. One of the boat share craft that pass us by in Audlem.

At times, you could easily believe that their tillers are welded to steer the boat in a straight line and the inordinate use of their bow thrusters are employed to manoeuvre the vessels into locks etc., :wacko:

Edited by Doorman

• 3 months later...

Thanks for watching the An Abandoned Canal, as you are aware it was really made without any buget at all, and assisted by the lovely people from the Shrewsbury and Newport Canal Trust.

I am trying to make more videos that explore English Heritage - will you help me?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1404323738/the-bald-explorers-hidden-heritage

Thanks so much for looking.

• Greenie 1