Suitable gift for new boatees

Kanchimaya

Featured Posts

We use them all the time.

Can usually be found Rymans - never managed to find them in Smiths or Staples.

I can however attest to the fact that in enough of a deluge some water can get in. Perhaps you moor up sooner than we do when the heavens really open!

Alan - I can't believe you even use a map!! ;)

Is it just me, or do Rosie & Jim dolls look like they are planing to eat your children when you're asleep? I bet it's them pushing pets in the cut too, when no one is looking. :ninja:

They give me the heeby jeebies, as did the chap on the programme, sorry if anyone is offended.

Buy them a smoke alarm and a carbon monoxide alarm. Even if they already have them, an extra one won't go amiss. Keep the receipt in case they already have a boat full of the things, then they can get something instead. Such as wine... :cheers:

• Greenie 1

They give me the heeby jeebies, as did the chap on the programme, sorry if anyone is offended.

Buy them a smoke alarm and a carbon monoxide alarm. Even if they already have them, an extra one won't go amiss. Keep the receipt in case they already have a boat full of the things, then they can get something instead. Such as wine... :cheers:

I agree. If anyone gave me anything connected with Rosie and Jim it would be added to my post in 'What have you lost overboard'!!

But roses and gin on the otherhand.......

Edited by Water Rat.

I CANT believe everyone has missed it. The most worthwhile present you will ever be able to give them...and it doesnt take up any space.and is free....is a sign in username/password to this forum. This forum has saved many boaters in times of distress when a water pump stops working, or they hear tap tapping noises in the middle of the night (ducks eating the algae outside the boat has scared many a new boater)

Pot of Swarfega?

The gritted orange version, at that.

But no, whats their pass history with boating, budget?

Ive never been a floating key ring man, but for a slightly amusing gift its good, look for the ones with a detachable float that comes up on a cord. Much smaller than the cork based ones, which will also only float 2/3keys.

What about a string of solar powered fairy lights, or the solar path marker things, I love our lights, no maintenance self contained and make a nice glow when you come back to the boat on a dark evening.

Daniel