petition against the south east mooring proposals

jenlyn

Featured Posts

http://canalrivertrust.org.uk/about-us/consultations/current-consultations

Hello!I've started the petition "Canal and River Trust: Stop in the whole, the south east vm proposals" and need your help to get it off the ground.Will you take 30 seconds to sign it right now?

Here's the link:

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/canal-and-river-trust-stop-in-the-whole-the-south-east-vm-proposals

Here's why it's important:These changes have no evidence to validate the need. Regular and consistant mooring patrols are and would be sufficient to tackle the problems CRT suggest they have. These proposals are not needed and have not been given enough time to be consulted on correctly.

Please read, and sign this petition if you agree the trust has it wrong with these proposals.

You can sign my petition by clicking here.Thanks! steve jay

Edited by jenlyn

Hello!I've started the petition "Canal and River Trust: Stop in the whole, the south east vm proposals" and need your help to get it off the ground.Will you take 30 seconds to sign it right now?

Here's the link:

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/canal-and-river-trust-stop-in-the-whole-the-south-east-vm-proposals

Here's why it's important:These changes have no evidence to validate the need. Regular and consistant mooring patrols are and would be sufficient to tackle the problems CRT suggest they have. These proposals are not needed and have not been given enough time to be consulted on correctly. You can find the consultation at http://canalrivertrust.org.uk/about-us/consultations/current-consultations. Please read, and sign this petition if you agree the trust has it wrong with these proposals.

You can sign my petition by clicking here.Thanks! steve jay

Do you know what the 1,999 needed means? - needed for what?

I am planning to sign - not because it will immediately directly affect our boating but for the principal and that they could spread oop North as an idea.

Edited by The Dog House

The link to C&rt fails - all I get is :

"We're sorry we can't seem to find that page It either no longer exists or has been moved or changed.

It is the C&RT website but that consultation appears to have 'gone'

The link given in the petition unfortunately has a stray full stop on the end of the URL, which I think is why it fails.

Hopefully Steve can correct it?

This is the correct link (hopefully!)

Am I reading it 'right'?

Recorded stay time: is measured by the number of nights between the first and latest sighting. A boat recorded at any time on two consecutive days will be treated as having stayed for one whole day and a single sighting of a boat on one day only will also be recorded as a one day visit

I tie up for 10 minutes to go an dump the rubbish and during that time the Mooring Ranger sees I'm there.The ranger moves off,I get back on the boat and continue to 'navigate'.

That 10 minutes becomes one of my 'days'.

Don't seem right !!!!

I would rather use the feedback form and see if CRT listens as people from the recent meetings tell me they are, in my opinion the time for the petition is when we know there response. Some might say it will be too late by then.

I would rather use the feedback form and see if CRT listens as people from the recent meetings tell me they are, in my opinion the time for the petition is when we know there response. Some might say it will be too late by then.

It will be too late by then :lol:

Am I reading it 'right'?

Recorded stay time: is measured by the number of nights between the first and latest sighting. A boat recorded at any time on two consecutive days will be treated as having stayed for one whole day and a single sighting of a boat on one day only will also be recorded as a one day visit

I tie up for 10 minutes to go an dump the rubbish and during that time the Mooring Ranger sees I'm there.The ranger moves off,I get back on the boat and continue to 'navigate'.

Don't seem right !!!!

Yes that is correct. Whatever you do don't stop at the wrong time for your lunch and then for a dump the next day.

For me the problem on the South Oxford is a decaying bankside coupled with lack of dredging. There needs to be more moorings with rings, not more restrictions. I feel terrible boating up there, the bankside is in such a state you are just ruining it further by using pins.

Am I reading it 'right'?

Don't seem right !!!!

Ive had my number recordered while still moving, Would this constitute as 1 day.

You will get splinters in your bum, your forever sitting on that fence :-)

I take it there is something about my view that giving feedback on the consultation document as requested (and entering into a dialogue with them for clarifications that ii did) is more productive than throwing your toys out of the pram and petitioning. I will not be signing the petition as i want CRT to engage in dialogue with its boating community as they have started to do. I hope that is sitting on the fence enough for you

• Greenie 1

I take it there is something about my view that giving feedback on the consultation document as requested (and entering into a dialogue with them for clarifications that ii did) is more productive than throwing your toys out of the pram and petitioning. I will not be signing the petition as i want CRT to engage in dialogue with its boating community as they have started to do. I hope that is sitting on the fence enough for you

Suit yourself, as for throwing my toys out of the pram, well, if thats how you wish to see it, so be it :-) One hopes your "dialogue" bears a little more fruit than it has to the many who have tried before you....

Suit yourself, as for throwing my toys out of the pram, well, if thats how you wish to see it, so be it :-) One hopes your "dialogue" bears a little more fruit than it has to the many who have tried before you....

Well I get answers to my questions , even if I don't agree with the answers. To be honest I think they are going to change some signage make some noise, move on a couple of persistent offenders and expect the majority of boaters that obey the rules whether they be CC'ers or marina dwellers to police themselves which they normally do.

Well I get answers to my questions , even if I don't agree with the answers. To be honest I think they are going to change some signage make some noise, move on a couple of persistent offenders and expect the majority of boaters that obey the rules whether they be CC'ers or marina dwellers to police themselves which they normally do.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: