More Flood alerts Dec 19

Rob@BSSOffice

Featured Posts

The fossdyke has dropped quite a bit over night. They are pumping water into some fields to try and keep the level down and allow for today's rain to feed into the system.

The Trent on the otherhand is awesome. I have never seen it covering so much land!

The fossdyke has dropped quite a bit over night. They are pumping water into some fields to try and keep the level down and allow for today's rain to feed into the system.

The Trent on the otherhand is awesome. I have never seen it covering so much land!

Judging by the height of the water in Kings Marina, I would guess that the Trent here is a bit less than 2' off last month's peak, but still rising.

I have friends who live not far from the Foss Dyke, across the fields that are currently being pumped into. Last time, the pumped water came within a couple of feet of their house!

Judging by the height of the water in Kings Marina, I would guess that the Trent here is a bit less than 2' off last month's peak, but still rising.

I have friends who live not far from the Foss Dyke, across the fields that are currently being pumped into. Last time, the pumped water came within a couple of feet of their house!

The ea are doing a great job of managing the water levels here at the minute. They do deserve some credit for what they are managing to do.

Hopefully your friends house will be ok!

Hopefully your friends house will be ok!

There is a little ditch running around the two exposed sides of the perimeter hedge that theoretically run off into the slightly lower fields behind them. Over the years it has got blocked and filled in, so it wasn't much use last month. It has been dug out again and they now have a serious-looking diesel pump in case of emergencies.

Of course, what is going to happen is the water will get pumped further and further south until it gets dumped in the Trent again, and you can have it back. B)

When returning home (by car) yesterday I saw 3 sunk boats on the Soar near Ratcliffe Lock - two north of the a453 and one south.

If anyone knows the owners of boats moored there perhaps they could warn them in case they do not know. Not sure what they could do at the moment though.

When returning home (by car) yesterday I saw 3 sunk boats on the Soar near Ratcliffe Lock - two north of the a453 and one south.

If anyone knows the owners of boats moored there perhaps they could warn them in case they do not know. Not sure what they could do at the moment though.

Problem is there Alan, the level is still rising with nowhere to go as the Trent is full.

There is usually a small red/yellow and green waterbug style Narrowboat just to the south of the road, has that one gone, the owners live on the wier island.

Problem is there Alan, the level is still rising with nowhere to go as the Trent is full.

There is usually a small red/yellow and green waterbug style Narrowboat just to the south of the road, has that one gone, the owners live on the wier island.

that was sinking last week and he had pumped it out, im suprised he hasn't loosened the ropes more.

Yesterday am at Derwent Mouth lock it was clear the Derwent had passed its peak. The day before there was a heavy flow into the canal below the lock from the Derwent, but yesterday that had stopped. All the inflow was coming from the opposite side, from the Trent.

As usual the Trent took a day or two longer to peak. From the EA website it appeared to have done so yesterday. The interesting bit will be what now happens following yesterday rain!

I have photos taken around Shardlow over the last few days on my Facebook page. I tried to post a few of these on here yesterday but there were problems and I failed. I will try again when I get time, but this thing called Christmas keeps distracting me from serious stuff like that!

Not sure of the description but I think it was on the island (I was going at 50mph at the time). looks like he knows about it from GoodGurl's post.

Great pictures again Matty.

Derwent Mouth this morning was up a couple of inches from the previous day. Could have opened the bottom gates with the lock full. The Derwent was the main inflow again today after yesterday's rain, I guess the Trent will lag by a day or two as usual.

We drove into Nottingham on the A453, & as your photo shows, Ratcliffe lock was totally submerged. The right bank above the lock is acting like a long weir, with water streaming over towards the power station side into the fields. An amazing sight!

Sence & Soar have just peaked looking at the EA gauges - This still has come downstream , The River at Aylestone (Packhorse Bridge) now Extends in width to ASDA / Fossepark inlet road !!!

Hopefully the Forecast is wrong & we wont get the heavy rain forecast tomorrow - Our moorings are very high & its hard to tell how much slack is left in the ropes as the poles are only just above water level.

There may be a Christmas Eve wade coming up.............

The extra set of flood gates in Loughborough by Moor Lane Bridge have been closed to help stop the canal over flowing and flooding low lying areas of the town. And its still raining heavily!! Chances of doing any work on Tyto this holiday are receeding fast as we can't get anywhere near to her.

Trent is up again here at Shardlow. At Derwent Mouth lock water is again flowing into the cut at the lock mouth (I won't say below the lock as it isn't!) from the Trent side, not the Derwent.

The level hasn't risen more than a few inches since this time yesterday. I guess that's because the flooded area to be raised is now so extensive it needs huge volumes for every little Increase in level.

Meanwhile the rain teems down again!

Just been out for a little look at our local rivers.

Very high witham at washing borough

1D387C80-AC53-45CD-B554-26C1AD26452E-9550-000006B9F0FD8703.jpg

No foot access to bardney lock from the road

9A09E10D-84B8-497F-B037-CC6112A437D6-9550-000006BA07AA6874.jpg

42F9B984-9826-4D49-8A87-953C79B880F6-9550-000006B9FB985148.jpg

River Trent very high at Newark marina and bursting into the park in the town centre!

174AD9DC-62EC-45CD-860D-E56D2BBCEB55-9550-000006BA0E665A5B.jpg

A46B1557-06E1-4621-A864-28F0C168C428-9550-000006BA1D019F32.jpg

7764D920-01D0-4238-9341-9474C278145B-9550-000006BA2A1E3983.jpg

And still it rains. Rather surprisingly they have opened the flood gates at burton waters despite the fossdyke being on the up again!

Yesterday am at Derwent Mouth lock it was clear the Derwent had passed its peak. The day before there was a heavy flow into the canal below the lock from the Derwent, but yesterday that had stopped. All the inflow was coming from the opposite side, from the Trent.

As usual the Trent took a day or two longer to peak. From the EA website it appeared to have done so yesterday. The interesting bit will be what now happens following yesterday rain!

I have photos taken around Shardlow over the last few days on my Facebook page. I tried to post a few of these on here yesterday but there were problems and I failed. I will try again when I get time, but this thing called Christmas keeps distracting me from serious stuff like that!

Has the Trent come over the towpath down towards Derwent lock? My boats in Crocker's - should be fine as long as the Trent doesnt come too far up over the towpath, then I cant get to the boat... Not at the boat at the minute, so any pics would be good :)