More Flood alerts Dec 19

Rob@BSSOffice

Featured Posts

It's at times like this I am glad that we moor in a marina with flood gates and floating pontoons so we don't need to worry about the boat whilst we are not there. I would be a dithering mess if cal was on the river right now.

Hope you guys out and about are all keeping safe!

That's exactly what people moored at Pilling marina thought a couple of weeks ago...until 4am when then the flood lock topped over and the marina flooded! Some of the floating pontoons looked like ski jumps where they fixed to the land.

That's exactly what people moored at Pilling marina thought a couple of weeks ago...until 4am when then the flood lock topped over and the marina flooded! Some of the floating pontoons looked like ski jumps where they fixed to the land.

The flood banks and gates that protect our marina are higher than the banks on the opposite side and further up and downstream. If the water gets high enough it over tops into the farmers fields away from property and the boats.

Wait until later, or tommorow evening....

That link i put above is updating live and shows what has happened with a flood sluice fully opened,back to the same level already....

Edited by matty40s

I haven't been to the boat since the last flood 3 weeks ago. I'll go tomorrow and take my inflatable for the use of the pontoon residents

This lot is coming your way. No water going out onto the Trent as it is now higher than the fossdyke so all heading down to Boston!

6AFFFF9F-321E-4EC9-B6D3-39828EBB9E24-6584-00000536BCD22EE9.jpg

• is your boat moored safely to take account of higher water levels ?
  • Will you have good access if water levels rise?
  • Is your shoreline/generator safe?
  • Are you deck boards effective at stopping heavy rain or is your bilge pump in place?

and ...

• Are your non-online neighbours aware?

River Weaver is the latest tweet from EA north West with a flood warning and 15 flood alert in the NW area Link

There are still 69 flood warning and 269 flood alerts across England and Wales

More rain deluge across UK tomorrow is forecast - especially the morning

This lot is coming your way. No water going out onto the Trent as it is now higher than the fossdyke so all heading down to Boston!

6AFFFF9F-321E-4EC9-B6D3-39828EBB9E24-6584-00000536BCD22EE9.jpg

Been down to Bardney. Water level is about the same as it was three weeks ago. EA are watching levels closely. High tide has been and gone and then haven't started pumping into Bardney Island yet so there is a bit of spare yet before it gets critical

Been down to Bardney. Water level is about the same as it was three weeks ago. EA are watching levels closely. High tide has been and gone and then haven't started pumping into Bardney Island yet so there is a bit of spare yet before it gets critical

Tomorrows rain will see to that for you.

You will be moored in a huge lake by Sunday/Monday!

Well, you know me, not one to miss an opportunity to take piccy's of boats, water and.....floods ......

Upton on Severn new flood defences working well, it does seem strange to see that boat so high up.

DSC_0330.jpg

Avon valley below Pershore

DSC_0345.jpg

Farmers don't stop, about a mile of water on the road.

DSC_0339.jpg

Pershore - the Riverside Car Park

DSC_0346.jpg

Hopeless Anchor at Syston, fast disappearing cars..

DSC_0348.jpg

New bridge with about 3 foot of headroom - the Wreake is running at about 6-8 mph.

DSC_0354.jpg

Couple of these boats will be in trouble when the water drops - (Benfordboy territory).

DSC_0350.jpg

Edited by matty40s
  • Greenie 3

Couple of these boats will be in trouble when the water drops - (Benfordboy territory).

DSC_0350.jpg

The Norman Owner seems to be a serial offender with his boat (Ropes have been slackened off by boatyard owners on a number of times) - Hopefully folks will monitor them both if the water falls much more (Maybe a little overnight) Its fallen slightly since this morning.

The Wreake is higher than the last flood , Soar about the same at Syston , but seemed higher at Barrow when we passed on the way home. If we get the rain thats forecast I can see the Quorn road coming under water (Something thats not happened for a few years).

Not much chance of one of our local CM's moving off the Hope moorings then by the look of it !

We have just driven to Lincoln and I have never seen so many fields under water. The Trent is very high, probably already as high as its peak last month and is covering many fields and the fossdyke is well up the flood banks.

It seems they were a little sliw shutting our flood gates as the marina level is very high, maybe they did this to store a bit extra water.

It could make for an interesting few days down this way!