Nene on SSA

MoominPapa

Featured Posts

I would say that slow is often faster on that stretch, Another month and it will be full of weed as well.

Yup, tickover is your lot! My record was set following two other boats, they stired them up and I collected them.

Upwell wasn't too bad, I was able to go slightly above tickover but had to feel for the channel like a hawk.

Out well was very slow, I was able to make a breaking wash at tickover, as it was so shallow at the edge.

The level was about 4" down on normal, though.

Now moored at Salters having had a very slow chug up here.

Edit to add: only picked up one blade full of carrier bags and weed going through which I was able to get off from the staithe by the church. There's a bit more on there now that I'll get off later.

Not at all as bad as I was expecting.

Edited by FadeToScarlet

Upwell wasn't too bad, I was able to go slightly above tickover but had to feel for the channel like a hawk.

Out well was very slow, I was able to make a breaking wash at tickover, as it was so shallow at the edge.

The level was about 4" down on normal, though.

Now moored at Salters having had a very slow chug up here.

Edit to add: only picked up one blade full of carrier bags and weed going through which I was able to get off from the staithe by the church. There's a bit more on there now that I'll get off later.

Not at all as bad as I was expecting.

When is Paul putting you out, handy to have clean blades for that

Nice to see Mr. Scarlet on his Severner chugging past our house today as I was mowing the lawn. One thing I noticed, the engine did not sound "trad": is she perhaps a butty conversion with a modern engine?

Nice to see Mr. Scarlet on his Severner chugging past our house today as I was mowing the lawn. One thing I noticed, the engine did not sound "trad": is she perhaps a butty conversion with a modern engine?

Not a butty conversion, but yes, a modern engine. (Lister canalstar, I believe.)

MP.

It's got a Lister LPWS4 in it at the moment.... On a 22 x 19 blade, left over from when it had a Kelvin petrol paraffin F4. It doesn't half shift in deep water! It's an original (apart from the baseplate and footings, and the extension cabin) motor hull.

The plan is to replace the Lister with something with fewer cylinders but more grunt, like an HR3 or something.