Ettequite for passing moored boats.

Ian Mac

Featured Posts

Not sad at all. We also log each journey and refuel. It helps with planning journies and also makes for interesting reading when you look back upon it.

You have just reminded me, I also record how much fuel we use, together with the litre per hour rate, but only for each period between re-fueling.

You have just reminded me, I also record how much fuel we use, together with the litre per hour rate, but only for each period between re-fueling.

So do I, if only to raise a comfortable smile now that I am burning less than 0.75 litres per hour compared to a slightly heavier burn when dragging coal. :-)

George ex nb Alton retired

So do I, if only to raise a comfortable smile now that I am burning less than 0.75 litres per hour compared to a slightly heavier burn when dragging coal. :-)

George ex nb Alton retired

So (from another thread), about 3bhp average.

Tim

They have patrol boats now on the broads to control speeding - maybe that is the answer............................................

They also have them on the canals........ They're called wide beams.

My problem is when its windy. Being so small we have no control over the boat without going at a reasonable speed.

The number of times we've been shouted at and i've thought the options were either go at speed or crash into their boat.

My problem is when its windy. Being so small we have no control over the boat without going at a reasonable speed.

The number of times we've been shouted at and i've thought the options were either go at speed or crash into their boat.

Then give it a bit of welly.

Your problem (if it's a Narrowboat) is not it's length but it's lack of draft.

Narrowboats are easily pushed across the surface by forces exerted on the upper superstructure as in wind.

Ignore the shouting of those that do not understand this.

When we were liveaboard ccers I think we averaged a couple of hours cruising per day, about 700 ish per year, but we only considered cruising a small part of boating.

Circumstances brought all that to a grinding halt anyway so it's all just memories now until hopefully we can resume someday.

CWDF does keep us in touch with it though.

Wind up the revs to help manouvering the boat. A short blast will be enough. Wind the revs down once you have regained your course.

Unless there is a severe cross wind, you need no more than tick over to control your boat.

When we were liveaboard ccers I think we averaged a couple of hours cruising per day, about 700 ish per year, but we only considered cruising a small part of boating.

Circumstances brought all that to a grinding halt anyway so it's all just memories now until hopefully we can resume someday.

CWDF does keep us in touch with it though.

We spend many hours on our boat and quite reluctantly visit the house if the need arises. Due to circumstances beyond our control, we've had little chance to cruise this past year. Even so, we still consider our time on board as boating but we're looking forward to brushing the cobwebs off and doing some proper boating this year, all being well.

Wind up the revs to help manouvering the boat. A short blast will be enough. Wind the revs down once you have regained your course.

Unless there is a severe cross wind, you need no more than tick over to control your boat.

You can come and have a go on ours next time it is windy if you believe that!

Sitting on a stationairy boat is not boating, in the sense of moving, which is what we are obviously talking about. If I wouldn't be told of by LM, I'd say 'for feck sake'...

I dislike being told of too, for feck sake!