toilets

moam1

Featured Posts

I can only say It depends where you are. We are at Mercia and pump out is £14 but, there are 4 sets of toilets all around the marina so if you are a live aboard you would be better utilising these and save pumping out. Where are you?.

I can only say It depends where you are. We are at Mercia and pump out is £14 but, there are 4 sets of toilets all around the marina so if you are a live aboard you would be better utilising these and save pumping out. Where are you?.

STILL AT HOME AT THE MOMmENT BUT LOOKING TO BUY A BOAT .AS SPLITTING UP AND CANT PAY FOR A HOUSE .JUST CHECKING THE WATER.AND FINDING OUT ABOUT LONG DAYS AFLOAT WITH MY CAT AND MY PC LAP TOP.PLUS TV.sorry had caps locked

Edited by moam1

Where are you thinking of moving to ? Better to check out the marina ( the facilities etc. ) before commiting to a long term mooring fees.

will keep on the move every two weeks.this way i get to see all the cannals.if i like the place will stay longer

If you have your own pump out kit it is free at certain locations. Just depends where u are

please tell me what a pumpout kit costs .thank you

STILL AT HOME AT THE MOMmENT BUT LOOKING TO BUY A BOAT .AS SPLITTING UP AND CANT PAY FOR A HOUSE .JUST CHECKING THE WATER.AND FINDING OUT ABOUT LONG DAYS AFLOAT WITH MY CAT AND MY PC LAP TOP.PLUS TV.sorry had caps locked

At the risk of the approaching storm buy a boat with a cassette. Living in a marina is all very well but there are far more places to empty a cassette once you are actually boating and they are free. If you are in a marina most have toilets.

Ken

Cost will depend on where you are, got charged £20 last year, one other place I know it is £12 and you do it with there equipment.

We live aboard and two of us the tank lasts about 8 to 10 weeks depends on how much we use other facilities when away from the boat.

Not connected but if out and about on the canals there are a plethora of trees that you can study the bark of, for insect life etc...

Cost will depend on where you are, got charged £20 last year, one other place I know it is £12 and you do it with there equipment.

We live aboard and two of us the tank lasts about 8 to 10 weeks depends on how much we use other facilities when away from the boat.

Not connected but if out and about on the canals there are a plethora of trees that you can study the bark of, for insect life etc...

very funny and yes i get what your saying lol.

About £14 seems to be the going rate in most of the country at the moment - although obviously it does vary.

As to how often you need to pump out, it depends on the size of the tank and on what sort of toilet you have, but assume you will put about one gallon per day per person into it and you probably won't be too far out.

About £14 seems to be the going rate in most of the country at the moment - although obviously it does vary.

As to how often you need to pump out, it depends on the size of the tank and on what sort of toilet you have, but assume you will put about one gallon per day per person into it and you probably won't be too far out.

A Gallon, a GALLON, you're so full of sh...........

;)

coat

In the south here marinas seem to charge 18 to £22 to do it for you or £12 at self pump out machines that rarely seem to work, the one up here doesn't anyway, loads of people with boats always staggering about up there in a quandary with legs crossed. :mellow:

If you get cassette toilet, then get a spare cassette as it will come in handy.

If the boat your looking at already has a pumpout loo, then emptying how often really depends on the size of the tank. You get get self pump outs pumps from leesans.

£9.50 for moorers at our marina, up to about £16, is the going rate around the midlands. I am dubious about self pumpout kits, not because they cost about £350, not even because you have to have somewhere to store the stinky things, but mostly because there seem to be very few places where you are able to self-pumpout. Most elsan disposal places cannot cope with self pumpout and blocking (and therefore denying use by the next people) elsan disposal points seems to be the favourite trick of the self-pumpout clan.

£9.50 for moorers at our marina, up to about £16, is the going rate around the midlands. I am dubious about self pumpout kits, not because they cost about £350, not even because you have to have somewhere to store the stinky things, but mostly because there seem to be very few places where you are able to self-pumpout. Most elsan disposal places cannot cope with self pumpout and blocking (and therefore denying use by the next people) elsan disposal points seems to be the favourite trick of the self-pumpout clan.

BW or Cart as it now is frown on people doing self pump outs at sanitary station receptacles or may not even allow it at all, not sure, but plenty of people do it and i've not heard of anyone being stopped or told orf about it.

The pumps are really intended to be permanently installed inside the boat, plumbed into the suction outlet pipe in the toilet and wired properly into the boats 12v or 24v supply.

BW or Cart as it now is frown on people doing self pump outs at sanitary station receptacles or may not even allow it at all, not sure, but plenty of people do it and i've not heard of anyone being stopped or told orf about it.

The pumps are really intended to be permanently installed inside the boat, plumbed into the suction outlet pipe in the toilet and wired properly into the boats 12v or 24v supply.

Are they? Really?

Thought they were mobile and can be used by various boats at a suitable location as well.

martyn

You can also buy hand pumped kits cheaper. I have rarely had a proper pumpout at a marina. One quick suck and a rinse if you are lucky hence we do it ourselves. Doesn't take much working out to see what the saving is.

And a large double action whale hand type bilge pump should be more powerful and can be quicker than an electric one, and give you arm muscles like Arnold Swartzawottsit.

Are they? Really?

Thought they were mobile and can be used by various boats at a suitable location as well.

martyn

I don't know for sure, i don't have a pumpout bog, its just what i've heard and a BW worker once told me that BW didn't like it being done, whether there are designated places to do it or not i don't know.

You said,"The pumps are really intended to be permanently installed inside the boat, plumbed into the suction outlet pipe in the toilet and wired properly into the boats 12v or 24v supply. "

Then I said "Are they? Really? Thought they were mobile and can be used by various boats at a suitable location as well."

You replied

"I don't know for sure, i don't have a pumpout bog, its just what i've heard and a BW worker once told me that BW didn't like it being done, whether there are designated places to do it or not i don't know."

[/quoteI say "Life is confusing sometimes."

Martyn

Edited by Nightwatch

Sorry Nightwatch. Lee-san supply a kit for you to DIY mount on your own board as i've done for a couple of folk in the past,which came with instructions on how to install the pump permanently in a boat. They also now i believe sell a ready to go pump kit already mounted on a board, ''at a price''.

That's okay Mr bizzard.

I just didn't want potential users of such inappropriate equipment being misled with your comment.:cheers:

The only time I would use such equipment would be where we moor into the landlords 'drain 'ole without 'blue' (as requested by owner) being in the 'stuff'. if i were to purchase such equipment then it would be available to others at the moorings to use appropriately. it would certainly NOT travel with me on the boat.

Martyn

That's okay Mr bizzard.

I just didn't want potential users of such inappropriate equipment being misled with your comment.:cheers:

The only time I would use such equipment would be where we moor into the landlords 'drain 'ole without 'blue' (as requested by owner) being in the 'stuff'. if i were to purchase such equipment then it would be available to others at the moorings to use appropriately. it would certainly NOT travel with me on the boat.

Martyn

I see Martyn, sorry i tend to type to quick for my brain and sometimes get all mixed up.

The large double action whale type hand bilge pumps are very good and cheaper.

I think Jabsco-Cleghorn Waring also sell pumpout kits. Its all quite simple to mount them on a board with a meaty DC switch and cables of adequate thickness with possible crocodile clips to connect to a battery. They might even do small mains powered ones, i don't know. :cheers: