Very Excited!

IanM

Featured Posts

Getting more and more excited every minute as tomorrow we're off to Braunston to spend our first night on our new (and first) boat :D

Will probably take it out for Sunday night up to Napton or something!

After 20 years of being on boats of one sort or another I finally have one to use whenever I want :D

• Greenie 1

Getting more and more excited every minute as tomorrow we're off to Braunston to spend our first night on our new (and first) boat :D

After 20 years of being on boats of one sort or another I finally have one to use whenever I want :D

Fantastic, what did you get and do we get pictures? I hope you have a brilliant time. :cheers:

Nice one Ian

Still just a dream for me, but, I'm working on that lol

You enjoy every minute of it

One day I'll be writing this thread :)

You have got yourself a very tidy boat there, previously owned by someone involved in the canals and Braunston. We too shall be taking friends out on our boat from Braunston up to the junction at Napton on Sunday, if you see NB Fat Rascal give us a wave.

:) Congratulations and have a wonderful time :)

Congrats Ian - and I see you're from the right part of Essex too (ie the bit that isn't quite Suffolk). The GU is a bit murkier than the Stour, though.

Thank you :)

Fantastic, what did you get and do we get pictures? I hope you have a brilliant time. :cheers:

Only decent picture I have at the moment...

5d3639a2f3d39654bb6b09b167fd99dc.jpg

You have got yourself a very tidy boat there, previously owned by someone involved in the canals and Braunston. We too shall be taking friends out on our boat from Braunston up to the junction at Napton on Sunday, if you see NB Fat Rascal give us a wave.

It's an amazing boat and we're going to take great care of her. Will keep an eye out for you.

Thank you :)

Only decent picture I have at the moment...

5d3639a2f3d39654bb6b09b167fd99dc.jpg

It's an amazing boat and we're going to take great care of her. Will keep an eye out for you.

Now I'm jealous

what a beautiful boat

My turn one of these days

WE already know the boat from Braunston and its previous owner, it is immaculate. Piglet passed us this afternoon near Wigrams, obviously enjoying their maiden cruise,we hope this continued. Coincidentaly we passed the NB Lilley that Piglets previuos owner has now bought about one hour behing Piglet, also on their maiden cruise. Very busy on the GU today.

WE already know the boat from Braunston and its previous owner, it is immaculate. Piglet passed us this afternoon near Wigrams, obviously enjoying their maiden cruise,we hope this continued. Coincidentaly we passed the NB Lilley that Piglets previuos owner has now bought about one hour behing Piglet, also on their maiden cruise. Very busy on the GU today.

It certainly did continue, we had a great time!

Went up to the bottom of Napton Locks for the night then back to Braunston yesterday. Thought Lillie must have been out at some point over the weekend as it was facing the other way but didn't know they were close(ish) behind us :)

Well done!

We saw this boat at Braunston Marina a couple of weeks ago and were impressed. She looks tidy and comfortable, and with all those windows she should have ample natural light inside too. What is that at the blunty end, a boatman's parlour?

She's not, by the way, the only 'Piglet' on the system, I saw another some time ago, but much smaller and scruffier!