THIS is boattransport

bargemast

Featured Posts

From a todays newspaper : My link

to say the least, this is quite impressive, I saw a transport like that arriving in Rotterdam aboat 6 years ago, and could literally not believe what I saw there.

A huge floating crane was waiting to crane the barges of until the last level, when they sunk the carrier to let the boats that were on deck float off.

Just discovered a video of a transport like I saw, arriving in March of this year in Rotterdam

You can see that the accomodation is missing on most of the barges, to make stacking easier, and just carried on top of a few of the top layer, to be fitted later.

Peter.

From a todays newspaper : My link

to say the least, this is quite impressive, I saw a transport like that arriving in Rotterdam aboat 6 years ago, and could literally not believe what I saw there.

A huge floating crane was waiting to crane the barges of until the last level, when they sunk the carrier to let the boats that were on deck float off.

Just discovered a video of a transport like I saw, arriving in March of this year in Rotterdam

You can see that the accomodation is missing on most of the barges, to make stacking easier, and just carried on top of a few of the top layer, to be fitted later.

Peter.

Interesting reading the comments to the article. Apparently one New York resident wasn't aware that South Korea built ships!

George ex nb Alton retired

Interesting reading the comments to the article. Apparently one New York resident wasn't aware that South Korea built ships!

George ex nb Alton retired

There are still Americans (glad to say not all of them) that think that the USA is the world, and apart from soccer and commercials they don't watch the TV and they haven't got the slightest idea what's happening in the (so unreal) "real world".

Peter.

There are still Americans (glad to say not all of them) that think that the USA is the world, and apart from soccer and commercials they don't watch the TV and they haven't got the slightest idea what's happening in the (so unreal) "real world".

Peter.

My sister lived in America for a year, she happened across someone that could not believe the fact that she is English and her first (and only) language...... is...... was...... always has been...... and always will be...... ENGLISH!!!! :banghead:

My sister lived in America for a year, she happened across someone that could not believe the fact that she is English and her first (and only) language...... is...... was...... always has been...... and always will be...... ENGLISH!!!! :banghead:

I'm sure that there are many more someones like that around, but they are far from stupid as I've had some funny but serious questions asked while overthere like :" Did you buy shoes specially for visiting the US ?", as they know that all Dutch people normally always wear wooden clogs.

Peter.

• 2 weeks later...

back to the OP, thats an incredible sight!

I am guessing the smaller hulls were craned on top of the transporter?

Yes, you're right, only the big pontoon ships at the bottom were floated on, and the other barges were craned onboard, the smaller hull may look small but if my information is correct, they are still 110m x 11.45m (360' x 38').

Here is another short video that gives a better view of the size of the barges transported

Peter.

Bloody hell, imagine the crane they must have used to lift these that high!

There are plenty of heavy lifting floating cranes in the Netherlands that make childsplay of lifting these barges.

Here is a link to one of them My link

If you click in the bottom left corner you can download the impressive specifications of this crane.

Peter.